Cannabis aroma more than terpenes?

Abstrax Tech has a new line of terpenes they are calling the “Native Series” using only ingredients they have found naturally in cannabis using an advanced GC/MS. They are claiming they have found the compound responsible for producing the gassy/diesel aroma that most botanical terpene blends are missing. I suspect that they are using some thiols to achieve this. I have not had a chance to check these out yet, but I’m curious.

Yeah that 100g MOQ for botanical terpenes is going to be a “no” for me dawg lol

1 Like

Table 1. Comparison of (a) 233 volatiles found in this study emitted from marijuana, including those emitted through-packaging with (b) volatiles previously reported as ‘signature’ compounds of marijuana in headspace.
sci-hub.cc - sci hub Resources and Information. “Characterizing the Smell of Marijuana by Odor Impact of Volatile Compounds: An Application of Simultaneous Chemical and Sensory Analysis”

As you can see, there are numerous compounds that aren’t Terpenes but contribute to the smell and taste of cannabis

7 Likes

@stoopkid @treefingers

We’re often busy in the lab doing R&D and don’t find the time to be on Future4200 as often as we’d like.

We have noticed and appreciate the support you’ve given us on this forum and we can’t tell you how much we appreciate it. So as a token of our appreciation we’d like to send you both free samples of our new Native Series terpenes. We have so many new phenotypes coming out that we’re super excited about too.

If you’d be so kind, can you DM us your emails and we’ll send over some samples as promptly as this pandemic will allow us to.

Also, if we want to have a larger discussion about terpenes here. (Maybe there’s another thread for this). What strains of cannabis really stick out your memory?

4 Likes

This is legendary

5 Likes

Pretty sure @Roguelab posted it in another thread too? If I remember right, some of it was maybe available still?

2 Likes

Got it up, sorry for the delay. Monday’s

Maybe retail, pretty sure most of us doing this at scale sell for 3-4k per liter. I include hemp in cannabis derived because it is derived from cannabis.

1 Like