Cannabis and cytokines

5 Likes

Cytokine Storm is no joke! Kill it with canna

Paper above:
“some of these ligands have also been shown to increase rather than decrease interleukins such as
IL-1, IL-4, IL-10, and IL-6, cytokines”
“Cannabinoid receptors have been shown to be involved in some but not all of these effects.”

Wiki-
IL-1 - Interleukin-1 family - Wikipedia

IL-4 - Interleukin 4 - Wikipedia

IL-10 - Interleukin 10 - Wikipedia

IL-6 - Interleukin 6 - Wikipedia

1 Like

Presented without comment as I have yet to read the paper but I wanted to get it up here for ya to digest and analyze

But yes it appears that this may not be good to take with this virus.

So many little greaseballs trying to drive their sales telling people CBD cures Covid… ethics don’t exist anymore

4 Likes

Nsaid’s seem to be a bad idea having covid19

1 Like

Effective against fibrosis.

https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full/10.1164/rccm.200407-857OC

Increased levels of IL 10 and IL 6 seem to be a marker of SARS infection.

But… this network of proteins and RNA are very complex systems, so the simple increase or decrease of one or several of these don’t make for easy predictions of outcomes.

" Immunopathologic injury of host cells triggered by the immune response to virus plays a key role in the pathogenesis of virus infections. Many cytokines/chemokines released from activated immune cells not only take part in the process of antiviral immune response, but are also involved in cell damage and development of organ dysfunction (14–16). Determination of those soluble factors in the blood should aid our understanding of the immunopathologic processes of SARS and enable differential diagnosis of SARS from other atypical pneumonias that require quite different approaches for the management of patients (23). Although the profiles of cytokines/chemokines in patients with SARS have been reported (24–26), there is still some controversy or uncertainty about the expression pattern of cytokines/chemokines and the initiating factor(s) in the development of SARS."

A friend shared this with me. I think it belongs here.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0315/v1/download

2 Likes