Cannabinoid Receptor Agonism: AI informed chat

This might prove useful in the future as informed AI chats become more like sentient Google requests. Using open AI’s GPT3, I just engage it in a conversation concerning Cannabinoid Receptors and the “action” off cannabinoid on the CB1R, CB2R and the hetero-dimer CB1-CB2R . I only ask a few questions and it is up to Future4200 readers to sign up with Chat GPT3 open ai and finish the conversation any way you want…or use it as a super google for explanations. See below.

Q: Can you speak to the subject of cannabinoids , baised agonism of CB1, CB2 and the heterodimer, CB1-CB2? Any interesting examples of radar plots in these regards?

Cannabinoids are a class of compounds that are known to bind to and modulate the activity of the cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2. CB1 is primarily expressed in the central nervous system, while CB2 is primarily expressed in immune cells and certain peripheral tissues. Both CB1 and CB2 are G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) and are activated by endocannabinoids, such as anandamide and 2-arachidonoylglycerol, as well as by phytocannabinoids, such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD).

Q; Sometimes the bias is represented as Radar plots. Can you explain these plots in principle.?

Radar plots, also known as spider plots or polar plots, are a graphical representation of multivariate data that can be used to visualize the bias of a ligand at a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR). Each axis of the plot represents a different signaling pathway that can be activated by a GPCR, and the length of the line from the center of the plot to each axis represents the level of activation of that pathway.

For example, in case of biased agonism, one pathway may be more activated than others, this would be represented by a longer line from the center of the plot to that axis. By comparing the different pathways activated by a ligand, scientists can get a clear picture of the bias of that ligand.

Additionally, the radar plots can be useful to compare the activity profile of different ligands at a GPCR, and thus to identify the specific signaling pathways that are targeted by a certain drug candidate, and to compare the activity of different compounds at a given receptor.

Q: Can you speak to the subject of cannabinoids , baised agonism of CB1, CB2 and the heterodimer, CB1-CB2? Any interesting examples of radar plots in these regards?

Research has shown that cannabinoids can display biased agonism at both CB1 and CB2, meaning that they preferentially activate certain signaling pathways over others. For example, THC is known to preferentially activate CB1 receptors to produce the psychotropic effects associated with cannabis, while CBD is thought to have a more balanced activity profile at both CB1 and CB2 receptors.

In addition to CB1 and CB2, recent studies suggest that there is a functional heterodimer of CB1-CB2 receptors, which means that CB1 and CB2 receptors can interact and form a new receptor, with a different signaling profile than either of the individual receptors. This complex may have different pharmacological properties and different regulation than the individual receptors.

Regarding the examples of radar plots, I am not aware of any specific examples of radar plots related to the biased agonism of CB1, CB2, and CB1-CB2 heterodimer. However, as this concept is relatively new, it is possible that studies have been published that have used radar plots to represent the bias of cannabinoids at these receptors.*

• there are many examples, however GPT3 chat only has access to data prior to something like 2021.

GIVE IT A TRY.

3 Likes

I’m having fun with GPT. Currently working to build an automation that condenses, summarizes and ultimately produces its fine-tuning prompts for research documents, feeding that into a custom GPT model, then querying GPT using that model. Pretty exciting stuff

3 Likes

Please keep me posted of you’re results. I have found the gtp3 open ai unit to be helpful describing certain mathematical concepts: Lie group infinitesimal generators for instance. The ai laid it out in a nice manner. Surprised…I was running it through the paces. The open ai bot is a total “woke leaning mind control” when it comes down to it. I have pushed it so hard…I continuously get the red lined shut off prompt.

1 Like

Can you lay that playing field out in a little more detail?
Do you use access to Google’s neural net , TensorFlow to develop your custom “automaton”? Then query a GPT like laMDA?