Cannabinoid producing gmo yeast

I read an interesting article today, if anybody knows where to get some of this yeast and how to use it please let me know.

1 Like

I dont think anyone here like it.

1 Like

Great!, that’s how to use them. Now where can I buy some?

Lol you can’t!

We’d just need to talk to the guys that wrote that paper. It has all their names. Shouldn’t be too hard to contact them

Good luck!

Lol, I’m sure I can’t afford it now. I wouldn’t waste my time. But it would only take one yeast cell and you could make millions from it

These ass hats started a company. Cannabis cultivation is environmentally destructive according to their website.

I wish them good luck making minor cannabinoids that can’t be reasonably bred for, yet. If they think their soylent CBD is the answer then they must have forgotten about epidolex’ approval by the FDA.

Perhaps they’re hoping GW pharma will buy them out?

3 Likes

look like you’ll have to make your own.

shouldn’t be too hard. published work.

my sources suggest there are better targets than cerevisiae.
(they did not share what those might be)

ATCC doesn’t seem to have it…
https://www.google.com/search?q=cannabinoid%20site%3Aatcc.org

Yeah… nah…

1 Like

Here is what has been said to me and from research Ive found and talk with lab guys who are in the know.

The theoretical process was assigned as a patent. It had never been successfully done in a scaled process. It was only done on a genetic engineering platform and then a nmr was used to validate the transformation. They created a chemical process recipe but it has never worked on any batch.

Companies are still searching for funding to try and figure out how to do it. Some carved out a process and patent to secure thier spot in the industry but none of them actually are doing it or making it.

So right no it’s not possible and may never fully be for a decade. The only process was a genetic engineering chemical and process reaction validated by nmr. So the patent is vague. If someone comes around and actually figures it out those blanket patents become null and void becusee those companies don’t actually have a date in commerce.

4 Likes