Cannabinoid action of TRP receptors and skin cell homostasis

June 2023 review of cannabinoid action on skin

7 Likes

Wow!!
Thank you (again).

The hair regrowth I saw with RSO on my dermatalogically challenged mastiff now makes sense…

1 Like

When people refer to records of cannabis use in ancient pharmacopoeiae such as Sumerian cuneiform records, the use is for topical antiseptic and wound healing. The Pen Ts’ao also refers to wound healing.
We have been investigating CBDA and CBD action on eczema and psoriasis and open wounds with rather interesting results. I see no reason why RSO will not work as well. We use proprietary aqueous procedure which is dispensed as a alcohol tincture. Cannabinoid induced local analgesia may produced by COX 2 (Cannabidiolic Acid as a Selective Cyclooxygenase-2 Inhibitory Component in Cannabis | Drug Metabolism & Disposition)inhibition and possibly desensitization TRP receptors by CBD (https://doi.org/10.3389%2Ffnmol.2018.00487) You can use it to scrub and clean wounds throughly. Then applying to a bandage it promotes what seems to be rather rapid healing.
Antiseptic action prevents infection.(Subjective observations). I think such use of Cannabis predates the use for psychotropic action…and may well be in the realm of “Cannabinoic Acid” action as well as neutral cannabinoids. The structural similarity to Salicylic Acid should provide some hints in these regards.*
@cyclopath

*Pain as an experience is a complex phenomenon. CBDA has pronounced effects on inhibiting certain types of pain.
Exactly how this occurs is really unknown, and above I am only suggesting mechanisms of action.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Above: “THCV and CBDV are most likely functioning as full CB1 receptor neutral antagonists and CBD is most likely functioning as a partial CB1 receptor antagonist and potentially through “ “WNT messaging””. But the above reference makes no reference to this wnt statement in the article.

I am not sure whether I mentioned the WNT messaging system…which is a very early type of GCPR in a class of it own, call “frizzled” or something like that.

Primary control system that evolved to control gastrulation in bilateral eukaryotes.
I was just investigating this, as there are reports of cannabinoid interactions…
A friend is undergoing a year of monoclonal antibody treatment to prevent osteoporosis …and I was thinking…you’d get the same effect as drinking my little bottle of CBD/CBDA elixir here…but I didn’t have the heart to mention it.

Yes, Wnt signaling (Redirecting) and the gamma pp AR ( RCSB PDB - 3E00: Intact PPAR gamma - RXR alpha Nuclear Receptor Complex on DNA bound with GW9662, 9-cis Retinoic Acid and NCOA2 Peptide) best papers /wnt on neuropathic pain).
Represent the cannabinoid way into the nuclear control systems…seem very primitive control systems…so his brief reference to wnt…is just cannabinoid control over another less well known , variant of GCPR…

Regards,

3 Likes