Candy cannon

Am I the only person who wants to make a potato cannon and launch cady at people today?

Mfing covid ruined halloween.

11 Likes

We are leaving a 5 gallon bucket out front with a sign saying… Have at it kids!!!

11 Likes

punumatic, hairspray or propane?
Going for singles or scattershot?

…Minibike heard off in the distance… watch out trick or treaters!

I found this too:

looks safe for the kids and anyone can 3d print it, if’n you got a 3d printer.

8 Likes

Hair spray is what we used growing up. We use propane now. I find it’s easier to meter propane than hair spray.

My 9 year old loves to watch potatoes explode against a tree lol. Gotta raise then right…so they can safely execute the fun but slightly dangerous things in life successfully.

11 Likes

My younger brother and I used to build some crazy pneumatics, shot a clean hole through a bbq with a stack of washers and a bolt.

5 Likes

That is awesome. I have never fucked around with pneumatic driven projectiles. One day when they take my explosives away…I may turn to air.

We have something like 5k psi air at work. I could surely machine something into an air cannon…

5 Likes

Try this valve design, it is simple and whacks them out of the park like no other.

basically the air reservoir is divided into a large front section that holds the main air volume, and the rear section that has a small volume of slightly higher pressure air. this holds the diaphragm shut against the breech forming a seal. Once the rear small volume is dumped via valve the diaphragm shoots backwards via pressure from the from air chamber and opens very quickly all at once.

7 Likes

That’s a great design! The immediate full dump of air pressure has always been the draw back for me. I like how simple that design is.

2 Likes

Can we shoot candied apples at people, instead?

6 Likes

Slingshot, save the candy, prolong the fun!

6 Likes

Me and a buddy used to pack our potato guns with balls of aluminum foil and shoot each other.

The foil flew pretty good, but didn’t have much punch so it barely hurt.

Good times.

5 Likes

A D-cell battery fits almost perfectly in a 1-1/4" pipe. We cut a small tree in half with one once when I was a kid. Just used a big 4" pipe capped with a tire valve jammed in the cap from the backside. 2" ball valve opens plenty quick to get that sucker really moving.

It’s a miracle I’m still alive lol

5 Likes

Freeze a cone Dixie cup with water and it’ll shoot through a house(didn’t have stucko on yet), back it with some wadding so it doesn’t shatter the ice when it fires. I’m surprised I haven’t killed someone else… :flushed:

8 Likes

It’s all fun and games till someone loses an eye lol

3 Likes

a potato gun would work fine if you made a sabot to fit the candy in the barrel

This is what I have

Shave down carrots and freeze them. They go threw a stucco wall. :money_mouth_face:

Starter fluid or acetylene work great.

1 Like

What a bunch of hooligans.

I’d be taking the whole damn buckets!