Can you crc rosin?

Use the search bar, tangie always comes out dark. That’s a common known fact around here.

@anon32743824 @Killa12345

9 Likes

Method of collecting trichs / temps / pressures? Late cutdown? Early cutdown?

5 Likes

agreed!!

solving this in post-production is the wrong approach…

3 Likes

A lot of rosin could come out dark and that’s where the taffy tek comes in super handy - sometimes it’s just a product of a late cutdown cuz life happens and sometimes we can’t be hovering over the plants with a scope, hah. I’ve got a jar curing that’s went from super dark to pretty golden so it helps a lot SOMETIMES but it’s also good to know the state of the nug you made it with.

Give us some deetz and we can help more. Hard to tell what you’re doing based on a 1g pic but for my 2 cents (which is worth less than 2 cents) it looks like there’s a bit of lipids/waxes and what have you because even darker rosin will be see-thru if there’s no plant guts or plant blood in it

3 Likes

This thread is the best troll of the year…

5 Likes

you have to harvest the bud early to make it a light rosin. as far as crcing it… it definitely wouldn’t be rosin anymore and that ruins the purpose of even making rosin but you could dissolve it in pentane and run it through crc like you do with chromotography or you could dissolve it in tane in a closed loop system then flush that through a crc.

only time i would do that is if the rosin came back with pesticides or mold. your best option would be to decarb it and make solventless edibles

In the case of water hash, water is not a solvent

1 Like

Except, I guess it is because it will trap some chlorophyll from getting in the hashish

1 Like

it definitely doesn’t dissolve the bubble hash correct

It seems like it defeats the point if making good rosin, but why couldn’t you theoretically make an apparatus that could load rosin over a bed of media to remove undesirables via heat and pressure? It definately wouldn’t be fast, and I can imagine a slew of things that could go wrong. but thats what amazes me about this industry, people always seem to find a way.

i feel like adding a solvent would defeat the purpose…

1 Like

Spin, mix W1 into the sauce, spin again to remove the W1, Done

3 Likes

None is retained in the sauce??

Try it

1 Like

no thank you…

3 Likes

In the name of science…

2 Likes

Don’t have an abundance rosin lying around, but I’ve certainly got separated HTE that could use a touch up.

3 Likes

It’s a solvent-less option to filtration, it’s good to have options

2 Likes

Spinning through a filter is pretty standard fare. defatted squish, still sans solvent would be a definite win.

Just spinning the gunk out of flower rosin might be a win too…

@lexiiii121 worth a try?

Hit up @Waxplug1 or @Photon_noir for magic dirt recommendations

even squish is better when it’s spun…

5 Likes

Heat?

Resin, eho, bho, hho?

Add?

Dirt of all winds?

Heat some more?

Pour?

Spin to win?

Edit: added question marks to not seem like Is knows whats going on here