Can we set up cannabis records?

Just some Reggie bush

1 Like

Looks great, I’m still skeptical of that figure of 39% tho.

2 Likes

Yeah I mean thats why I brought it up.

2 Likes

Best comment around! I hope you’re well Brother

1 Like

Gonna need to see cross testing

7 Likes

Yeah, potency testing on flower has become a little silly… I don’t trust most of it. We had some outdoor test at 35% lol I don’t believe it.

Also had some trim testing mid 30s. All from an ISO 17025 lab, but I have my doubts.

2 Likes

I can tell you with absolute certainty potency testing is 1 part science 1 part bullshit. Labs can manipulate results while still following sop if it is written the correct way. That or they just have bad methods but seeing my own results of sending identical samples to licensed labs across CA that 10% allowable variance gets pushed to its limits sometimes. Then seeing the same seed packs get popped in 15 different states all running the same sops and some locations getting multiple in the high thirties and some even touching the 40s. Potency results should only be compared with results from the same lab running the same standard. Submit average distillate to every licensed lab in California and get results back ranging 78%-93% Pretty big range, find a lab you trust and I find it worth it to use a lab that doesn’t inflate numbers. It drove me crazy for a while buying distillate that had a 93% thc coa that I would formulate with terps and it would come back 8% lower than my calculations said it should. I got this potency test back today which is my most pure THCa that I have made to date. Curious what the labs who hand out 93+% thc COAs on distillate left and right would test this at.

6 Likes

@Hashoholic wish we could test it, but the federal government is busy doing nothing about prohibition

2 Likes

i submitted 10 tests to MCRLabs in Mass and 10 to Tested Labs in maine. Same exact samples, Tested Labs was 5% average higher

It seems they lumped all the minors into THC as well

3 Likes

Oregon RSD changes to 5% in the not too distant future.

It takes integrity AND hard work to remain after next year…

We lose clients to people shopping around. But we have universities and other lab partnerships that require legit analytics and an inflated result could cause them to make terrible decisions.

Never been a better time to be honest and transparent, but it’s hard to tell since that has become bad for business…

3 Likes

XD the last group that took records with a smile turned around and planned on using their data to compete against all who had assisted.

I believe that was the cannabis genome project ya?

Digipath spoke of using genomic data at one time too, I don’t think it’s just P should not be named.

Phylos Galaxy :face_vomiting:

Different kind of records. That would be like using cup placement to compete against someone. This would be like a friendly competition that pushes people to push the bar and go big.

1 Like

Just go to Medicinal Genomics if you want sequencing work done, Kevin and the team are awesome

3 Likes

They are a great company they actually give usable data compared to Phylos. That being said I’ve been putting a lot of time into learning bioinformatics and can pull out data from Phylos runs. If anyone would like to see more information from their own data I can help.

4 Likes