Can someone post a premium vape juice recipe without dimulsifier ***help***

Not gonna lie, that viscosity is way overpriced. I read somewhere online that it’s just repackaged bulk terpenes from perfumersapprentice. Also would be nice from a commercial perspective if I c pi uld cut this stuff down in half with a diluent.

Here’s another one on perfumersapprentice.

My extract is qwet/etoh extraction I’ll be using cold bucket tek and a panda spinner then winterizing and then reclaiming etoh with a pieced together simple distillation.

I can reassure you it’s not bulk terpense, I’ve had others, this has no taste and no smell, clear…

They have some data sheet or whatever you call it you can see where they get there test or whatever done… I’ve spoken to someone that works there too, and with me being familiar with terpenes from cannabis and other plant sources also, and I’ve never seen an odorless and tasteless terp…

By no means did I say it was cheap, but for the amounts it would make for you it’s not very much at all not to inhale PG VG peg…etc…

Terpenes from cannabis is your best bet, a dewaxed terpene from cannabis without a doubt!

You asked I was sharing my experience with this…

Terpenes was the only way I will do now,via cannabis… Only thing I was getting at is if you use any kind of plant based terpenes you better not use over one drop per gram, it’ll be fake tasting

1 Like

What is the ratio of MCT to Distillate either in grams or by volume? Does anyone know?

@CATScientific Is this BHO winterized? Does the fact of it being BHO have anything to do with the separation? Would using distillate be any different from BHO?

so my question is, if I have distillate do I homogenize it with the terps? and homogenizer machine if I need one, I don’t care bout cost, can you post a good one. Im assuming the homogenizer mixes the parts up perfectly?? Any help is clutch. Thanx

Did you make distillate or buy distillate?

If you want terps, why did you buy distillate?

I’m neither a believer in carts nor a fan of distillate. At least till we know more about the mystery peaks…

…so I don’t really consider myself all that qualified to answer.

If you’re doing this for home scale use, you don’t really need the homogenizer. If you’re planning on doing this for the retail market, you’ll want to look at what @CATScientific has to offer.

3 Likes

It should mix in rather easy at warm temps, they go in right after decarb

Like @cyclopath said, you don’t need really

For optimal results you can for go use of mct all together espescially for personal carts. For good margins, Cut with MCT at rate of .10-.25 ml per gram. Weigh the entire mixture including mct and add aprox 7% limonene. You may need to add more depending on your tatse but dont exceded 10-12% terps

For vg,pg and extract You have to use a surfactant and then emulsify. Or just use one of your homogenizers.

So I got decarb question

If I have old material that all the THCA has converted to THC is there a need to decarbed? Seems like could only darken it and thicken it up.

Making some carts w terp cut

yeah, no. you are correct sir.

if it’s decarbd (THCA has become THC, because it’s been at rm temp for more than 6 months) then a deliberate decarb is not necessary, and will only serve to darken and lose terps (thicken).

2 Likes

Hi

I wondered how your method for emulsifying BHO with VG, would stand up to the following recipe

1% CBD isolate (and 3% and 5% strengths)

7.5% terpenes (various strain specific blends, non cannabis dervived)

91.5% base mix (ideally 50VG : 50PG)

I would like to buy your homogenizer, but the shelf life on the BHO method is not long enough for our application. What would be the shelf life using your method on above recipe? Also, slightly concerned using this method given volatility of terpenes (if homogenzied in sealed jar with sealed hole at top to allow probe through, perhaps this would limit any evaporation of terpenes)?

Why would you expect an equipment manufacturer to know the half life of your theoretical product?

If you want to know if you can make a stable emulsion with that recipe, you will need to try it!!!

Or find a recipe that someone else knows works, and buy it…

The homogenizer is the right tool. Your recipe may or may not be.

2 Likes

“Or find a recipe that someone else knows works, and buy it…”

Do you know where I can buy recipe?

Not a fan of disposables.

If I needed to buy a clue on the subject I’d probably start with @qma

The fact that you’re aiming at 1% cannabinoids rather than the more common 70-80% may make finding a previously tested recipe more problematic.

Even if you do find one, I don’t imagine you’re gonna go to production without doing some shelf life testing. So bite the bullet and get yourself a homogenizer, and if you need to, hire someone to run some tests…

2 Likes

If you want to create a stable emulsion without a homogenizer, mix the resin with polysorbate first on the hot plate. Then combine with the VG. Your not going to get a stable emulsion without the emulsifier. After you combine it with the polysorbate, use a stick blender to blend with the VG. We’ve had stable emulsions this way hold for 8 months so far (didn’t break down after 8 months, that is the period of time the bottles have set).

1 Like

homogenizer? y’all are retarded. go to harbor freight, buy a rotary tool for $35, save yourself $400 to spend on some other dumb shit instead. smh

Lol, a little harsh calling everyone retarded, but I like how you think.

K.I.S.S.

4 Likes

Yeah, except that doesnt work famlam.

2 Likes

Please tell me you watch The Office.

1 Like