Can one dewax too long or too cold?

My understanding of it you have to go cryo, ur trying to get the fats and lipids to crash out, 1-2 hrs cryo temp I think…

Although I think the only reason thcA doesn’t crash out is bc it’s fully saturated , no evap at the time of dewax

Maybe @Mastercoolkeif or @Soxhlet could give us the science

1 Like

So for this tech of re-crystallization through butane my bud is saying and showing diamonds within 4-5 days. That’s using shatter as material and butane as solvent. He also mentioned that this focus on pressure is misleading and that it is the rate of off gas… saying regardless of pressure he will pull diamonds from mother solution with 4/5 days (week tops) full and large cannabinoid fractions. This making sense? My attempt is taking me weeks like you guys have been saying. Which is okay in a perpetual mining situation. Just would love to be able to say I got it done in days.

Yeah I would like to say the same…

W jars I don’t think it’s possible to control the evap like that without coming down on the temperature a good bit, the residual temperature of 85 is what gas is off most of the butane in the first day or so, I really don’t know if pressure is what’s doing it or what I just know that when I have pressure things happen faster regardless,

Sounds like a diamond mine or maybe more suited for you if your trying to control the EVAP so precisely

I just know what works for me and that’s all

I’ve gone from slabs to sauce, it is possible. It’s just not the ideal way to go about it. Seeding really helps get things going, but still 2-3weeks to completion.