Can I separate fats and waxes from my hte using a centrifuge?

Dammit @HeisenbergInd now you have me thinking and I didn’t want to think today…

2 Likes

Your second tube there might still be terps. .45u is going to require you spin longer to achieve the same results as the 25u.

3 Likes

Thanks @CuriousChemist22

1 Like

You for sure can!

I just like having 3 fun solvents to play with all in one :wink:

2 Likes

Gotta keep ya on your toes, @Miles-Beyond :wink::call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

I currently get 99.8% pure n-pentane I’m pretty sure, I’ll have to check the coa and see what the .2 is in there

Great point I’ll have to set up my short path I guess hahaha

1 Like

SOMEHOW ALWAYS FELT THIS THE CULPRIT FOR MEDUUSA FASTCRASH BOULDERS SEEMS OTHERWISE

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/eCon-Lab-Supply-Centrifugal-Filters/dp/B01EIAXMN4/ref=mp_s_a_1_105?keywords=centrifuge+filter+tube&qid=1583638938&sprefix=centrifuge+filter+&sr=8-105

.45um

4 Likes

I can confirm this is good information, neo-pentane also purges easier, iso-pentane can be a btch to purge from hte without deep vac or higher temps

5 Likes

That is so weird. I always thought I use 100 micron filters but I have been using the same filters as OP

4 Likes

With a deep vacuum and no heat in the short path?

Once we are fully operational, I’ll do a time lapse video to show the formation of the facets and how quick they build.

3 Likes

Oh I know been there
Very intresting fact
To bad it s not so easy to obtain in pure form at a decent price
But a tit bit go s a long way

2 Likes

Im trying to understand something if anyone can explain me i would appreciate it!
So the thca i get from separating resin or any other type of concentrates, if i turn it into diamonds is the thca %still the same?
Whats the difference between the thca in raw form vs when U crystallize it into a bigger Diamond
I know that thc doesn’t crystallize,does crystallizing thca in big rocks leaves behind any impurities and makes for a cleaner “stronger?” end product
If i try to crystallize 100 g of thca into diamonds what is the ratio I would get back in diamonds?
@cyclopath @CuriousChemist22

2 Likes

Recrystallization has long been known as an effective purification tool.

No, it’s mostly not about the size of the crystals.

You may be looking at the differences between 92% for “sugar” or “sand” or 98-99+ for clean clear “diamonds”, and that is mostly about how fast they were crystallized.

I find partially decarbed material gives much smaller crystals

8 Likes

Thank you! Now i can sleep well lol i get so many questions sometimes and this forum has been amazing,i joined 2 months ago and I learned a lot!

1 Like

But realize not all thc-a will crystelize one part will stay in solution ((HTE)

4 Likes

All about breaking that saturation threshold. Once below that….

Poof

No more crashing

6 Likes

What do you use the isopentane for? Fast crashing into isolate?

1 Like