Can I separate fats and waxes from my hte using a centrifuge?

.45 micron

1 Like

I dont think i can use a syringe to pull that,it get mixed with the top layer pretty easy when i tried to remove and pour off the top layer
I mixed 1 g distillate with 35% of that hte and still looks clear (i still think it got some fats lipids or whatever else is in there) because the regular concentrates i separate hte from doesn’t look cloudy and unven color like this hte im trying to clean
Here is the cart i made with the hte im thinking it got fats,even with ethanol I left in the freezer for 18 hour now i dont see any separation

Bro that looks perfect lol

I dont think its fats you are having troubles with, but cannabanoids

3 Likes

You need more G force

9 Likes

And?!?

Edit: Found it.

Try harder…

Hint: 3L Centrifuge for first pass filtration after winterization?

2 Likes

So will fats and waxes spin out in the fuge? I got my fuge yesterday and used it, it was my first time using one. After around 2.5 hours there was a nice terp layer that had separated. I let it go for another hour to get the last bit that hadn’t separated. On that last hour of spinning at 4,000rpm this layer formed on the bottom that was desne and didn’t mix back with the terpines. The terpines just poured out of the tube with ease and this stuff stayed stuck to the bottom. At first I thought it was very fine thca powder that had condensed, but I was unsure.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjCWnu1A1GD/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

5 Likes

You really need to compare them apples to apples. Rpm and rotor diameter are factors in calculating the rcf or “relitave centrifugal force” . larger rotor diameters result in higher rcf for a given rpm.

12 Likes

I REALLY doubt it is 0.45 micron. Can you show the listing?

1 Like

Now that im rethinking this is the badder i spun that hte from,tube on the left is with a 25micron bag and tube on the right is the .45 micron
So thca on top ,fats on the middle (if im wrong please correct me) and hte the last part

If i get the l550 on your website is that going to do the trick? Its going to save me some time for separating quicker anyway

Just a tip for those using pentane for terps….

Distill your pentane first. You’ll pull two fractions.

neo-pentane (9.5c BP)

Iso-pentane (27.8 BP)

Use the neo for the terps. (Also, it does one helluva job for crashing diamonds especially if slightly acidified :wink:)

30 Likes

The L550 does a pretty good job. It spins (Off size mason jars) and needs these like 3d printed grommets and you kinda have to stuff the cups with a rag… But it’s overall a pretty boss centrifuge.

1 Like

can you not purchase these anywhere already distilled off?

2 Likes

You can absolutely buy higher grade N-pentane and not the standard “pentanes” that will consist of neo-pentane and iso-pentane.

10 Likes

Dammit @HeisenbergInd now you have me thinking and I didn’t want to think today…

2 Likes

Your second tube there might still be terps. .45u is going to require you spin longer to achieve the same results as the 25u.

3 Likes

Thanks @CuriousChemist22

1 Like

You for sure can!

I just like having 3 fun solvents to play with all in one :wink:

2 Likes