Can I crystalize or solidify (make it rock hard) d9 distillate?

Like the titel say, is it doable to crystalize (like THCa) or solidify (make it rock hard) d9 distillate?

If it’s really really pure it might as well be a rock at room temperature, but really without adding anything to the molecule it just isn’t going to crystallize.

Put it in the freezer. It gets pretty fucking hard.

7 Likes

I don’t know if this answers your question but…
This is a sample of first pass

And this is second pass (both are in a well air condition room)

5 Likes

Looks like Bakelite phenolic polymer.

Is that some cbd conversion material?

Try isolating natural D9 from decarbed plant material using chromatography. At 90+ percent purity you will find a slightly off color (yellowish oil) at room temp.

It is not to say you cannot make the oil hard as a rock by cooling, but that is not crystalline.

You can mix D9 with THCa to a certain extent and still get contaminated THCA crystal…I’m pretty sure there is a patent on the process.

95%+ d9 is rock hard

3 Likes

Just like me whenever I see you post

5 Likes

Why??

1 Like

i dont know how much more solid you could get. if you have relatively pure disty then you have a giant brick. i can stab this all day long and it will only splinter off little shards of disty.

1 Like

some moron did a thread on soft v hard in 2018 with lab testing to back it up

2 Likes

It’s not.

No.

I achieved that by distillation and in an air conditioned room it’s not much of an oil as you can clearly see in the video. But if you put it out in the sun and raise the temperature a few degrees it will start becoming soft…softer.

1 Like

Well, it looks great…and it seems that 4200 people
Claim they make solid THC.

My question is can you isolate crystalline THC d9 by distillation? A literature search might help.
Perhaps “distillation” does the “trick’…but not to my knowledge or experience.

@c0dean : I like that brown tint.

Vanilla…there is an interesting paper on the subject by a USA patent chemist…I’ll try to find it and send you a copy.

3 Likes

Its a solid at room temp. But will not grow into crystals

3 Likes

No on crystallize.

Yes on “is there a glass transition temperature?”.

Repeat on the “why?”

4 Likes

Room temperature inside of a vacuum sealed bag. (If I cool it down a few degrees more banging it on the table will actually cause it to shatter)

4 Likes

The material looks great…I am sure it is very potent and smokeable…and falls in the category of perhaps amorphous solid. That pale yellow stuff is the bomb indeed. Thank you for clarifying.

The OP asks for “crystal or solid”.

For an in depth look at “crystalline THC”. Take a look at this patent:

If you read it a bit…you will understand why I asked if your material was a synthetic conversion of CBD.

Any one caring to discuss this crystallization process in more detail I would be glad to try. I have some experience with the caustic alcohol (protic) steps, but to be honest there is a bit of mystery I do not understand…i.e., caustic washes and impurities…neutral cannabinoids involving the phenolic state. These are addressed in detail in this patent….but more as an art and without detailed theory.

At 133 pages in length…it seems a bit like gobbly- gook, but it is NOT.

5 Likes

There is a bit of “moronic nuance” indeed.

I think I need another cup of “expresso”.

1 Like

After sitting right in front of the AC outlet blowing right onto it for a short while.

10 Likes

Extra nice!
Now take a water glass and do the same thing.

1 Like

Yeah except that I can’t put the water glass shreds out in the sun for a few minutes and have the water glass come back together as if nothing ever happened. :grin:

3 Likes