Can CBD distillate turn to powder?

So I bought some of what is supposed to be CBD distillate from Industrial Hemp Farms but it’s like straight powder and appears to be isolate to me. They claim that if it’s over 60% cannabinoids this is what it will do. It tested at 83.8%. Is this true? Im no expert but I just have a hard time buying that. Thanks for any help!

1 Like

That definitely looks like isolate

1 Like

Distillate typically comes in a syrupy form. Most isolate I’ve seen is white though and a much higher % so I couldn’t comment to whether that is isolate or not.

2 Likes

Definitely not distillate

most distillate will do this or just become one solid chunk but never powder

1 Like

Right that’s what I was thinking. But they claim this is distillate lol It is pretty white and melts clear. Probably bad lighting on that.

If its white powder there is a very good chance that it is isolate

1 Like

It’s got some decent little chunks in it but not a lot. Most of it’s powder like.

It’s isolate for sure then just poorly refined.

1 Like

you can still dab it :slight_smile: - pretty sure you can eat it as well, mix it into drinks/food… its a pretty versatile substance.

1 Like

I’ll probably try a little bit of everything lol I just didn’t like how they tried to convince me this was distillate and not isolate. So I had to come here and throw it up in a discussion. This was my first post so thanks for the help guys! :metal:

While clearing out retention samples I found this sucker, a 89% sample from June of last year, rock solid from time and maybe if it got man handled might turn into a powder?

3 Likes

Get it tested at a lab

I’ve had some 96% disti look like that after a grind. 83% doesn’t rock hard enough to pulverize into a power like that though. At least from my experience

1 Like

That is the colour of our first crash when doing CBD crystalline. Likely tests at 93-94%.

If you have 94% CBD distillate and it turns crystalline you have what most call isolate. The 6% impurities or other particles bind to the crystals making the colour difference. Aging would do this. In 99.9% purity there are no other particles to coat the crystalline so it is very white and clear, 93-94% and you have 6% material wrapped on the crystalline and you get the colour above. IMO

1 Like

Full spectrum distillate 94.5% CBD. This would look pretty close to that stuff you got if broke up. If there’s no minors, it’s isolate.

5 Likes

I don’t know about that one…

2 Likes