Can anyone recommend a good flavorist/ perfumer? Also a contract compounding cream manufacturer

Hello everyone,

Can someone recommend a experienced flavorist who has worked with flavoring cbd and thc products?

We have our water soluble product and hired a flavorist who is weeks behind .

Project scope,
mask the bitterness of cbd/thc and help flavor our water soluble.

project 2: help us mask the smell, taste, and flavor our prostate shrinking product.

Also looking for a company or person to help us turn the prostate product into a compounded cream

1 Like

Do you have time / ability to do a little R&D with flavoring? You should be able to figure out masking the bitterness pretty easily if so. A local flavor chemist should be capable of helping guide you if you are flying blind. Citrus flavors and acidity help balance bitter so that’s a good starting point. Ask for water soluble flavors and tell them your issues, most have bitter blockers / sweeteners in oil soluble and water soluble. Most will offer free samples of their flavors if you have a biz and let them put you in their system.

Hard to give advice on the 2nd issue. What is it exactly? Troche? Tincture?

The cream would depend on what exactly is in the formula but it shouldn’t be a problem if you have something like an Unguator or planetary centrifuge etc… or even mortar and pestle if you have minions.

Edit: Looks like you are in NY area. I have used Citromax and Flavor Dynamics in the past and they were very helpful. Citromax would set up conference calls with all their flavor chemists and me to work shit out.

2 Likes

Hi. My company does this as a focus. We do water soluble, oil soluble, natural, artificial, organic flavorings, whatever is desired. We’ve made 3000mg 30ml tincture made with crude taste natural and no bitterness. Not to mention dozens of different topicals, custom formula and scents. I’ll send you a pm, and can send you samples ASAP

2 Likes

The bitterness is probably the emulsifier - which one did you use?

I’m probably late to the party, but Kalsec in Kalamazoo should probably be able to do it or get you a good reference.

Side note- I’m still amazed at the diverse segmentation of the legal hemp/cannabis market.

1 Like

How do I contact someone that’s mods here and or the good life gang network?

I hired obx for this project and the consultant I hired was place in contact with obx to handle a project we needed done.

My consultant attempted to steal all the work and now obx won’t respond to phone calls or anything.
I talked to our chemical supplier were we sent samples material to work on our prostate product.

Obx aka essential expressions in North Carolina

Odd the tag name also can be confused with open book extracts which is not too far.

I dont feel obx knew what was going on and didn’t want any of this to happen.

However now refusing to return calls and emails I have thousands invested. I dobt know how to handle this situation and if anyone can recommend a good contact lawyer I’d appreciate it.

Are @OBXtracts and the “consultant” the same person?

No consultant was hired before obx.

I posted here and vetted obx to handle a project. From there I had my consultant head the project with obx while I was handling another aspect

Welcome to the cannabis industry.

Everyone and there momma will stab you in the back over dollars or greed.

Sorry this happened to you id just move on!

2 Likes

so who are you actually accusing of anything and what in particular? I’m sorry but you’re not getting your point across very well

1 Like

OBX just means Outer Banks. Pretty much anywhere you look in that part of North Carolina will use that abbreviation. I don’t think it has anything to do with Open Book Extracts. NC’s hemp game is pretty much the most developed on the east coast.

As for the dispute with the business you hired, they appear to just be a GLG individual member (as am I). Not a GLG vendor. So no real connection to the mods other than a basic $420 payment to have access to GLG benefits/clout. If they’re giving you the runaround then do what everyone else does— post a thread and put them on blast. Popcorn memes will probably shortly follow but public reputation seems to be the only leverage you’ll have on the situation. It sounds like OBX was just a middleman here unless “Essential Expressions” is the same entity. I just don’t think the mods have any obligation to intervene in a situation like this.

4 Likes

So is the problem your consultant? Whats going on? Did your consultant breach a contract or ethical code and now obx doesn’t wanna deal with a bunch of clowns?

1 Like

I can’t with ur avatar -_-

3 Likes

Lmao do you hear his voice asking those questions? Now that you mention it i can’t not hear his voice now

5 Likes

Redacted

3 Likes

pkease dekeet

please deleet

please deketss

please delete

Id like to apologize to OBX and thank him for the opportunity to discuss what’s happen even after me posting in the forum and publicly calling obx out on a concern/accusation before attempting additional communications.

OBX is a solid group.

Also thank you so much to the rest of the community here for offering your knowledge in creating good medicine.

2 Likes