Can anyone give me advice on issues with distillate being unable to crystilize out for isolation after second pass?

First pass on short path distillation is crystallizing out like I am wanting but after we run the second pass on the distillate we cannot seem to get any isolation with heptane solution. This could possibly be because of a higher concentration of heptane than what was needed but the second pass that wasn’t added to heptane isn’t forming any crystals either. So help on how to remove fats left after the first pass or a process to remove the fats from the heptane soaked second pass would be extremely helpful.

Cbd ? Correct ?

Yes coming from C02 extracted crude

Winterizing again can always be done
Degumming might be an option Nice tread here
Warm winterization with iso or methanol over alumina other option`

We were looking at extracting the heptane out with the roto vap and either putting it through the chromatography stack or maybe a saline scrub but I haven’t done a saline scrub and I am not exactly sure what the steps are to it.

Recover Heptane, dissolve in 190 proof ethanol 10:1, winterize, filter, recover ethanol, back to the Heptane supersaturation for Crystallization

2 Likes

We have 200 proof etoh will that work the same?

IT should but You can always Ad 4 % water😀

1 Like

Thanks guys, the help is much appreciated. We are going to pull the heptane and winterize again

Good luck don t freak out If 30% by volume. Turns out to be fats and Wax
CO2 has those numbers

We have already noticed it through the testing of what has crystallized out from first pass stuff. Seems like we are losing cbd in co2 extraction as well

CO2 is Nice but tough to dail in for what i have heard