California’s Legal Pot Industry ‘Collapsing’: ‘Buyers setting prices’

My 2 cents about Massachusetts is, if they loosened the zoning laws a little bit, there would be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more places to buy cannabis.

3 Likes

I would smoke Big King Dave’s “Big Ol’ Doinks” strain.

6 Likes

This is what happens when you take all the tax revenue from it and don’t use it to for enforcement. Hemp and marijuana need to be under cannabis like Oregon just did and then use the tax revenue to clean up the market. That would provide a benefit for the license holders and increase the tax revenue creating a surplus to give to schools or whoever gets it now. The state robbed Peter to pay Paul. Same in Oregon and all over. The feds are involved and one thing the federal government does right is regulate industry to the extent they can get the tax dollars.

They should honestly just make selling your own cannabis legal as long as you get your product tested and report all sales to the irs.

Literally, make the bm start reporting taxes on every cannabis sale and make the licensing process free for two years.

Government would stop printing money out of thin air if they did that.

6 Likes

Okay okay. I retract that.

Cause Bruce Banner, Jack Herer, Cinderella 99, I think jilly bean is named after a female guitarist idk if I’ve ever smoke any Khalifa shit…

1 Like

There’s also Jimmy Haze which always looked tasty.

I’ve been preparing my clients to be profitable at 500 a lb. It’s a very tight line to make it happen, but is do able.

2 Likes

It’s like a snake eating it’s tail. It only serves to grow and feed itself.

1 Like

IF WE WOULD HAVE KILLED MONTEL WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE SHIT WOULDN’T HAVE GOTTEN THIS FAR! I HAVE SPOKEN!

Montel-blows-up

(image from google. god bless google.)

6 Likes

Lol up here if it is totally legal and you report your taxes lol that might work in Kentucky or New York or Illinois. But in Oregon and Cali, that means cartel producing everything with zero ducks given about people or money put into the local economy. Out here I have friends with grip of exotic and letting it go for like 350 to 500. They can’t compete with the cartel. You can’t pay taxes on your business if your neighbors aren’t and control the industry and that is anywhere in Oregon or Cali or OK in the ideal way you say. The government wouldn’t allow that money to go away nor should they because despite them being fucking thieves, they’re still thieves you can take to court.
You with that idea and the rest of America with how they act seems to forget history is filled with marauders that rape and pillage a land and leave destruction in its wake.
That’s the cartel in this industry. They will rape and pillage it and leave nobody benefiting except the consumer in the short term.
The thing that nobody ever takes in to account is it can always be worse. Way worse.

2 Likes

If they can’t compete with the “cartel” than they are probably growing midz like everyone else struggling to move product. Grow fire and it sells itself.

6 Likes

Tf, :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: i said get the product tested too. Like still trying to be as safe as possible to the consumer… I don’t think “the cartels” are going to get product tested and would be disqualified from being able to sell any product… Under the idea I think reporting sales of cannabis purchases to like an actual cannabis collectove would be nice and then having all th sales on file and everything as legal as possible.

Like turn the cannabis bm into a community that wants to be looked at like hey we’re a cheaper legal option than the dispensaries. Have a bi-weekly 16oz limit…

It would be chill…

I wouldn’t have jumped to thinking about cartels but that’s a good catch, my east coast punk ass :octopus::sweat_smile: wouldn’t have even thought about it if you didn’t bring it up.

1 Like

Imagine cannabis collectives coming together and having like different ones that focused more on different issues and provided communities with support and stuff. Duuuuuuuude!!!

1 Like

I agree

Imagine a bunch of stoners think that’s a good idea to create a monopoly with cartel s or organized crime. You obviously have no idea what time it is and I envy you because there was a time I didn’t know, but I’m here in Southern Oregon. The cartels, which I know exactly which farms they operate and so does the state but they go after the biggest ones that are the easiest. My county has 4 inspectors. They take like a month to create a case. There’s 3 months of harvests. You can take down a 50 acre grow and these dudes got 100 more that they couldn’t get to. Can you imagine 100 50 acre farms production? At like $250 per that’s like 7 to 9 million per farm. That’s called a monopoly because they are trafficking at the Mexicans who get in America right now. They’re indentured to them and now they just come work their illegal weed grows. Like the innocence of your reply is admirable but you do understand the reason they are going out of business is because dispensaries are putting the product into the system and exchanging their business grows “inventory” in their grow. But they put zero money into their grow and buy it on the low. Exotics. Businesses can’t compete with that. The same businesses that put everything on the line opening up companies that are scrutinized by the irs, who try to do it right and build a industry and they get left in the dust because the state took all their profits and didn’t regulate the industry correctly.
I believe the only place where your ideals exists are at greatful dead shows where everyone is on acid together or in the new metaverse.
The real world is just like sports, football, the weed game is the same, some people have no business having the equipment on because they will be someone’s highlight reel. After you get put on someone’s highlight reel you either get off the field and join the band or get your shit right, keep your head on a swivel, and make people your highlight reel ethically. That’s business and the root instinct in all animals.
Now America was lucky enough to realize this and allow people to be competitive but not monopolize. That’s capitalism and how everyone gets a fair chance.
Leaving it up to people to be good will be more frustrating then having a hammer on a pendulum swinging and smashing your nuts each time. We’re lucky we have a system for recorse in America
The only good of this is the federal government might get involved and it can become a real business. I never thought I would say that 2 years ago but it is true.

8 Likes

I don’t follow. pair a good farm (or interesting well executed product) and an artist with a dedicated following in a licensing deal and it seems like it would do reeeeally well.

is it just the “hype” factor of the celeb?

1 Like

So you’re in Oregon? Or Cali?
The cartels are Mexican, native American here, and eastern European. And they contracted out the head growers in Humboldt and top genetics. You guys have no idea. I didn’t either so how could you. But they are getting taught by large scale agriculturalist to achieve bomb ass weed. Not all is fire. But if you light dep 50 acres and there’s 100 of farms do you not understand just one good farm or 2 fucks up the whole market.
This is a horse to water deal.
I agree good weed just like any good stuff sales itself. But when it is of equal quality, numbers are what matters.

8 Likes

And yall can put cartels in quotations but the hand trim bill on 10,000 lbs is 1 million, at 50 a lb that’s half a mili. What would you call a organization that can can fund that at the end of the season. Not farmer Joe down the road.
They busted a place here with 500,000 lbs waiting to get trimmed. That is a drop in the hat here. Right now all the middle men are making bank but that wave that crested already out here is working is way east. Oklahoma is feeling the crest fall on them now.

8 Likes

lol…we’ve dealt with the cartels for years here in CO…russian and cuban organized crime as well.

Like I said…MIDZ. Price compression has always been a factor in the traditional market.

LOL…if these “cartels” are hand trimming their mids how are they staying price competitive? Answer…theyre not. No op that size is hand trimming their outdoor boof. It’s going straight to the wet trimmers and then headed east.

2 Likes

@Snook is telling the truth about what is happening now

5 Likes