California AB2223

Hello all.

Just wanted to make sure any of my California Future Fam was aware of the bill introduced in California to limit the production and sale of hemp products that contain THC.

Read about me here.

California has proposed with this legislation to control products containing hemp derived ingredients in a different way. Including limiting the total amount of cannabinoids present below the established limit for hemp based on dosage form and overall dosing of 0.25mg THC per dose and not more than 1.0mg THC per package.

In case anyone disagreed with this approach (I think its pretty common sense, given the established markets that already exist in California…) you might want to contact your legislators and let them know.

Right now - people who don’t want hemp products taking market share and people who don’t want easy access to THC are working together to change the rules and make it more difficult to manufacture and sell these products in California.

California does this kind of stuff a lot - its a well regulated (maybe too well???) state with pretty broad implications for other states in US (usually) as it is the 6th largest economy in the world.

11 Likes

Thank you for posting this.

2 Likes