Cal/osha 30-hr general industry certification

Is this the OSHA (CAL/OSHA 30HR general industry) class lab techs in the cannabis industry are taking regardless of the state you’re in? It’s the only one I see covering cannabis. The basic OSHA 30hr general industry doesn’t say anything about cannabis but offers certification for $159. The CAL/OSHA 30HR definitely covers cannabis but is $775. I’d like to build to my resume while I’m out of work so I appreciate the feedback.

3 Likes

Don’t pay a cannabis tax for an OSHA safety class. Get your 30 hr and if you want to spend more money look at your HAZWOPER for handling wastes and emergencies. The general industry is great and will cover you well outside the cannabis industry on safety. Its gonna cover the important bits you’ll see for the normal extraction processes. It probably won’t cover pesticides and nutrient delivery stuff.

The HAZWOPER will cover all the other things like… dealing with fires, fire prevention, handling heavy loads, electrical issues, what to do with all that waste biomass, etc.

13 Likes

This^

A lot of this^

2 Likes

OSHA adds a cannabis tax too?

#%#>#>?€¥¥?*?^,%,£?¥?!!

5 Likes

Mandatory in Cali for a manager/owner and an employee. :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

Thanks again for the advice and saving me money. I completed the 30hr general and it’s helped me move up at my new job in under a month. I run the second shift now based on having this certificate.

3 Likes

dont get stoned before class. safety is important to know even if I dont always implement it. I can imagine being a good osha inspector