CA Grow light regulations

It’s my understanding that we’ve had lengthy discussion with them and they even sent a pallet of replacement light that were also broken. Their network system is the biggest issue. I’m not sure if it’s their controller or the lights themselves but they weren’t able to answer that either. Shame because they are good lights other than that. Could also just be the ones we got, I’m sure QC is a bitch

1 Like

This is the main reason we changed our building design. We have designed polycarbonate into the roof to be a hybrid greenhouse. We can get away with 25% of the needed grow lights that you would normally use on a traditional indoor grow.

1 Like

Yeah but at least in our part of the country the mechanical cost versus indoor is brutal. Keeping that humidity in check at sundown takes a ridiculous amount of cooling or dessicant.

That’s exactly what we’re doing.

@SidViscous we’re going to be interesting there systems with a master controller software program. I messaged Adam just now. I like the fella and he has helped me tremendously on a last minute proposal for my investors. I hope he joins in and can help provide some solutions.

We sought them out because we were very impressed by their knowledge. I listed to Eric Harrington at a few events and knew they had a good handle on the plant science. I just wish their implementation was better.

I wanted to output direct BCD commands from our SCADA system but we figured we’d stick to their controller. Not sure if that was the issue or unrelated

There are commercial HVAC and dehumidification units. The other benefit with going with a hybrid building is having a ridgevent. The average ambiente humidity is under 25% here in the desert.

Yeah 25% is pretty dry, I wish we had it like that lol. It takes a lot of tonnage to dehumidify. We’re getting ready to add another 500 rton of chiller capacity and when we calculated what we needed for a greenhouse here it was like 2.5x that. Personally the idea of having an open hole like a ridge vent in our grow rooms makes me uneasy even though it’s probably not a big deal with sufficient positive pressure

1 Like

Is this like a split system ac? Goggles keeps showing me those when I look this up.

@Juice311 thank you for the invite! @SidViscous we’re here to make sure you’re getting your moneys worth and we do back our 5 warranty on your SolarSystem 1100. LEDs are definitely more complex by design than HID, and unfortunately there will be failures in the field, especially when pioneering new technologies like remote multi channel digital dimming. The good part about in house manufacturing is that we can make immediate changes in our production if an issue comes up, or replace defective components if need be. Please reach out to our dedicated tech support david@californialightworks.com or 800-575-3475 x500 if you’re still having issues with any of our products. We appreciate your support!

1 Like