C1D1 space, who/what did you go with?

We ordered a booth from Greenzone, everything was fairly smooth sailing at first. We got our booth delivered and unboxed to find we were missing a bunch of items. Tried to contact Ivan several times with extremely limited response. When we did finally talk to him he “would let us know at the end of the week.” -which never happens. It has now been 7 months since delivery, and it got to the point where I had to call Ivan from different numbers for him to even answer or return my calls. It is a very unfortunate situation and if the success of our lab depended on getting this booth completed - we would be screwed.

2 Likes

Hey, feel free to DM me and see if we can help with any of the parts missing, or point you in the right direction if you haven’t gotten this resolved with them.

@c1d1labs has some great booths. We got the 10X20X9’6" and we’re very happy with it. Went up quick and easy and they were always available to help when we hit a snag. Passed BFS inspection and EPR on the first try.

5 Likes

I have run in a c1d1 labs booth and I felt so fancy.

3 Likes

@c1d1labs supplied us with our plenum walls, electronics and control panel for the booth!

Getting installed here soon.

11 Likes

Unless your county/jurisdiction explicitly prohibits it you will always save money building your own intrinsic space with a licensed contractor.

Especially if you are building out empty space anyways. Remodel is also cheap just requires moving conduit to other walls if it’s it’s in the walls you mean to use.

@FicklePickle @vortal @Dannywarbucks agreed on @c1d1labs . :heart::heart:

1 Like

And a stamp by a PE, and a certified control panel, proper fixtures, circulation, sensors and alarms. Ultimately, this space is about safety. It’s possible that you, with your experience, could pull this off in the right jurisdiction, but that’s terrible advice for someone putting together a build out plan.

It’s cheaper to upsize the booth in the beginning than to have to build a second one later. There’s equipment that you’ll want in your booth that you haven’t even heard of yet. Leave some headspace, that’s the cheapest upgrade and the extra height might really come in handy someday.

I can tell you for certain, after doing it once through c1d1 id go forward and build them all myself. Control panel and plenum walls are the only must have

Yeah you are just wrong on this.

I know you sell powders and used to sell vac ovens but how many labs have you actually built out from scratch or upgraded on a construction level?

A c1d1 requires what the local FM and NFC require it to have and there is nothing you can’t build for less with a qualified consultant.

This is why people fuck up historically. They confuse salespeople for qualified consultants. I understand in the world of sending out invoices and only having solutions that have a price tag attached you can add to these invoices this is alien to you but I assure you it can be done in 99% of places I’ve ever heard of besides OKC

You don’t go to the pizza oven salesperson to learn how to make pizza or build a pizza restaurant or run the business well. In fact it’s on the end user to make sure your pizza ovens aren’t junk.

1 Like

I’d have to agree with @FicklePickle

I like Alex, and C1D1Labs makes a super nice booth, but if you have half a brain and access to an engineer, this is somewhere you can save BIG money.

4 Likes

LOL I watched some folks try and build their own booths and they ended up spending a shit ton of extra money and time on their build. Now that I’ve done it once with a complete solution, I MIGHT attempt a more DIY route, but really, dealing with gatekeeping engineers and dickheaded ignorant fire marshals isn’t my favorite thing to do, so a plug and play kit is still a more attractive option.

IOW, I’ll gladly pay an extra $10k to get a quick EPR sign off and be able to tell the fire marshal to fuck off.

5 Likes

Much love to everyone here to has said positive words on our booths. Don’t forget to mention you are a GLG member so we can hook you up. We do this for everyone here to succeed :slight_smile:

5 Likes