C1D1 space, who/what did you go with?

I dont know how you could save hundreds of thousands when the largest c1d1 booth is only 60k and 15x26x14. And the 10x10x9 is 30k. We havent pulled the trigger yet but time is money so will be going with c1d1 as they are already psi approved

6 Likes

will you be using just one c1d1 rated area? that’s where the cost vs time starts weigh in more heavily.

1 Like

I’ve been talking with c1d1 labs about their sea can units. May go that route. Anyone have experience with them? My concern is
Height restriction.

2 Likes

How big is your room, how much did it cost and how long did it take to assemble?

I’ve done a handful of class 1 div 1 rooms in my time.

ranging in size from 12’x18’ to 18’x40’

a variance ranging from 7-20k.

1 Like

So what’s been challenging is trying to get an idea of how all the pieces of the puzzle fit. Extraction labs up and running aren’t exactly sharing pics of how they put it all together, and the vendors only show their single piece of the puzzle, not how it fits with all the other pieces.

Flexmod has incredible info and pics, but we do not want a container. Great site though. If anyone is thinking about their modular wall system clean rooms, just go to their supplier Starrco.

Try finding a picture of C1D1 Labs’ modular or container booth on their website, there are none, yes there are drawings, but no pics of the booth, door, control panel, monitors, fans, fire suppression etc. I have found a few pics from customers (Thanks HZB), but it’s like hunting snipes. I filled out their form and asked specific questions, received an email with none answered. I wasn’t asking for MEP plans, just some info and also hoping for a link to a few pics of their product. Nope, didn’t even share the cfm of their fans. And again, if you’re looking at their clean rooms, go to their supplier Starrco.

Green Zone CO booth looks good, they had a pic of a Beest in one], but a quick read through their website and they just copy pasted their paint booth info over to their extraction booth info, no I don’t want even heat applied across my extractor. The booths do look good, but there are no photos or info on their site or IG about fans, cfm, control panel, monitors, lighting, alarms, fire suppression etc.

Podtronix didn’t return 3 phone calls, 2 submission forms, and when I finally reached them they have been dragging feet just answering questions and putting together a quote.

HAL is one company that seems to offer the most info and pics regarding their booths. Waiting for a call back. Fingers crossed.

Finding a pic on the Internet of any C1D1 extraction booth with chillers and heaters plumbed in is like finding Hoffa, but lo and behold I found Jimmy hanging out in Detroit with Precision on their IG.

11 Likes

Which kits are you referring to? Sounds like an affordable option.

https://www.larsonelectronics.com/product/153626/c1d1-explosion-proof-extraction-room-equipment-package-designed-for-20-container-extraction-rooms

5 Likes

Any in WA? I need an accelerated affordable option.

1 Like

We’ve repurposed an automotive paint spray booth. Plenty of room to scale up.

16 Likes

Nice and big, thank you for sharing. A couple questions: where is the gas sensor in the room, what scale is that it looks sharp, and what is the LP-Gas MAQ for this C1D1?

go the route above, paint booths pass all day in wa :wink:

3 Likes

If you don’t mind sharing, how much did that cost?

It’s about 14x30. The gas sensor is located behind the machine. Not sure abut the MAQ. The booth is set to about 30% power to turn over the air, if the sensor goes off, at 10%lel visual/audio alarm and ramps up the booth to 100% to vent the air. @GameOfTerps710 somewhere in the neighborhood of 150k, with air compressor, sensors, etc.

Edit: sensor almost never goes off

2 Likes

I’ve found booths for 9-10 but I’m not spoonfeeding today, do the groundwork and you can have it all for 20 or less.

6 Likes

if I do it, maybe 80.

3 Likes

@anon13684764 looks great, I was looking at doing the same thing for a quick start in OK a few months ago, glad to see someone made it happen.

We went with a HAL booth.

Damn booth nearly killed me the first time we released any significant amount of butane when I had to do some troubleshooting. The booth was larger than their normal size, and the breakers in the panel didn’t have a high enough amperage to handle the fans ramping up. So then here I am opening up my unit, releasing a controlled amount of butane to do my troubleshooting process, and then all of a sudden I lose my lights and my ventilation when the breaker trips. I had to scramble to get out of the room with it full of butane, and the lights / ventilation off. I ran out of the room, opening and closing the door as fast as possible on the way out, and went over to the panel. Eventually I figured out how to reset the panel and clear the air out of the booth.

4 Likes

That’s embarrassing and how did they respond to this when you told them?

3 Likes

Quite frankly they weren’t very helpful. You’d think after giving us a booth with a hastily up-sized design - where not everything was scaled up properly, such as the breakers being matched to the increased amp load of the larger fans - they would do more to remedy the situation.

We tested the unit upon startup, but since it has multiple levels the fans can ramp up to, we only tested to see that it was responding and got it to ramp up to the first level. We didn’t think it was necessary nor did we think it was necessarily wise to release enough butane to trip it all the way to the highest level during the test.

Just goes to show that shit can sometimes get past multiple engineers, city planners, and a fire marshal, and still end up not working right and potentially ruining your day.

7 Likes