C1D1 HVAC Design

Acct 1_Air Flow Diagram_2.pdf (98.8 KB)

Here’s what I came up with last night, no recirculation and the makeup air is being run through an AHU before entering the rooms and then being exhausted outdoors.

The only thing I could think of to add would be a secondary supply fan that switches on in the event of a gas detection alarm—so that the AC dampers shut and there is a straight path from exterior supply air to exhaust.

Thoughts?

Also, much thanks to anyone with constructive input.

2 Likes

By the way, there’s a current AHJ in Guthrie and OKC—the fire marshall’s office.

I’ll DM you what regulations they have currently, copy/pasted from some city in CA (I think Santa Barbara)

1 Like

Correct, if you buy a C1D1 rated unit…

I think you may have neglected to read what I have posted.

“The HVAC split units are built to C1D1 regulations.”

Are you trolling this post…or?

1 Like

A good quality C1D1 room, modular and fire rated with UL listings engineering and installation including state certification. Let’s say 20’ x 20’ x 12’ costs around 150,000.00 turnkey.

2 Likes

This is correct and if you go the route we did a C1D1 container will be in the 80-90k range.

That sounds like my flexmod quote numbers
Those are nice systems.

Yeah, I did a custom design as this was for our temp facility and I will be doing volatile and non volatile in it.

A system with Perfect Grow California is well designed and can be made any size you want. From 10’ x 15’ x 12’. 20 x 20. 25, x 40 etc.

They also do -40 freezers and bio mass storage

By the time you get a Flexmod have it delivered and do all of the hookups. You will spend close to 125 to 150,000.00

It should not cost 50k for delivery and electrical /water connections. I paid 4k to deliver my 40’ container from GA to CA.

Couldn’t I just copy the design of their system? It’s pretty straight forward for all the components.

Balance the room to have positive pressure relative to the exterior during normal operation and have a switch to engage a purge if A) butane concentration is too high or B) a fire is started. All of these components could be easily sourced under 50k just buying independently.

As for air conditioning, using a rated mini split will allow for more intimate control because operators set their comfort level inside the rooms.

1 Like

You absolutely could. If you can, start a DIY C1D1 build thread so anyone wanting to follow in your footsteps will have the details.

2 Likes

Good idea, I’ll edit this comment and link it to the thread once i do!

2 Likes

Nice :muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

What’s your email address I’ll send you a drawing

1 Like

I can do these any size you would like.
They are collapsable and easy to re locate.

They are UL listed and soon to be CCE for world wide usage. We have freezer and extraction room in the same room. 40 f to -50f walk ins

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

What kind of windload are these rated for?