Bvv vac oven help

Hey whats up guys im having a issue with my bbv vac oven 0.9 bought it last year!! oven its stuck at 93 degrees and wont let me change the temp and is displaying “tine” or somthing(see picture) cant figure out whats going on!! Ive tried to shut it off and turn back on and also unplug it wait 30mins and plug back on nothings working hoping someone can chime in with some knowledge possibly!!

If youre handy and have a multimeter id check the probe for function. It requires opening the side and removing some insulation to reach the controller and plug.

I thought this might be an across international copy, which on second look is not. Take the above suggestion with caution, I actually do not know the procedure to find the probe and test it.

Have you called customer service? I hate to disagree with my friend, but put your multimeter down and pick up the phone. Does their website have the manual?

It just might be something really easy that could get really bad if you need with it.

1 Like

On some shitty vac ovens, the vac Guage oil will leak from the dial under positive pressure (if using as a crash oven for sauce and butane rich soup) or sometimes just temp fluctuations.

I’ve had similar happen with Chinese vacuum ovens. The PID controller shorts out, and goes to shit.

Is there oil residue anywhere around the perimeter of the main control pad?

If not, it could be a faulty wire connection on the thermistor, which there is no harm in inspecting the wiring personally in that case. Take off the side, and make sure the wires are not broken where they are secured to the control panel.

Obviously disconnect power whilst doing so.

I’m more than willing to take shit apart to fix it, as often, it’s something simple.

I would still contact BVV for support but those are my thoughts on the matter.

Thanks guyss for the replies i have checked the wiring with visual inspection and shook wires slightly to make sure everything was connected and not loose! Ill have to check with a mutimeter when i get back to the lab later! Hope its just the pid going to shit!
Ive allready contacted bvv waiting for a response!!well see what happens here! Ive read the whole Manuel and has nothing on that code its displaying.

Do you know if someone accidentally held in that red button for 3 sec and put it in settings mode? Might have unknowingly changed your thermocouple setting. I know that first part is a thermocouple (t?) type 1. @greenbuggy helped me with my vac oven issue. He might be able to give a few pointers.

2 Likes