BVV Issues. Buyers Beware

Don’t worry about it dude! Spoke to your guys on the phone today and they said it would ship today, I can check back tomorrow no problem

1 Like

The fact you’ve reached out asking to what needs to be improved speaks volumes! I can respect that!

A good place to start would be your customer service, so far it’s been pretty decent but there’s certainly room for improvement.

Also improving Qc on your powders would be another place for improvement, I’ve ordered AC from you a few times, and 3 out 4 times everything was good, the bucket was 3/4 full, at the specified weight, one outa four the bucket was a quater full, and a few lbs short, I called up your customer service and didn’t get any help, they said it was normal when I knew it was light as I ordered it a few times before. I dont know if you changed prices or weights or something behind the scenes and it wasent the biggest of deals, so I didn’t really care.

Improving your selection of glassware/stainless would be cool too!

On thing that’s purely subjective is; your website is kinda confusing and convoluted, I can never find anything without the search bar, a minor gripe as search bars are our friend; but you could streamline your site a little more. Again this is purely subjective, the site works as is.

All in all you guys are pretty decent, not too many negatives, I’ve just been a long time BVv customer so I may be a little bias

3 Likes

Dude I totally forgot their website is super hard use, not necessarily finding stuff for me, but just adding stuff to your cart it was super buggy for me this last order

3 Likes

Thank you @RockSteady for the feedback. We have had QC and supply issues with our powders due to the high demand for this product and us not actually packing down these products ourselves. We are working on solving this issue by working on better supply chain for these consumable goods by bringing things in-house as we continue to grow.

What type of stainless/glass parts would you like to see? We will be adding compression fittings to our product line as well and be moving to compression as our standard fitting. Our glassware department can make anything from boro to quartz, scientific or pipe.

We have had similar reviews on our website and will be updating to a new website with rewards and other features to streamline your experience. We have something really neat in the works to offer the customer more piece of mind with every purchase.

We should be launching our new website in early February!

2 Likes

BVV is pretty terrible about getting back to you through the live chat option (been asking for a weight limit on a rack forever). Definitely better to call in usually. I’ve pretty much dealt with them exclusively and they are usually pretty good but sometimes they mess up. That said, they’ve rectified pretty much every issue I’ve had. They also have constant sales going so that’s when I do my big purchases. Honesty, I think BVV gets a lot of misguided hate (not everybody has 100k for a bizzybee). Someone on IG said their fittings leak, I’m not really sure how that happens but it sounds like user error to me. I do use other companies like: OSS, HFS, Terpp, and XD sometimes but most of the time BVV has everything I need.

Fix the website and better QC on steel. The few items I ordered were a bit on the questionable side. Granted, they were minor items but it makes me weary of buying a big ticket item like a solvent tank. More selection would also be a big plus! Very cool how active you guys are on the forum, looking forward to the changes you discussed above!

1 Like

BVV, where to start. Dropped 40k there in December. Wish I hadn’t. Their “American made” glass isn’t any better than the crap out of China. Heck, I’ve gotten better glass out of China. Completely forgot to ship my ethanol because after I ordered and paid for it, they didn’t. Promised me it was coming while the whole time it was never ordered. Customer service there just sucks. I wish I could point you to a competent sales rep there, but they’d have to get one first. 3 emails and 2 phone calls about please get the shipping address right and they still screwed up the shipping address. Not a big deal for the small stuff, but when the IBC tote of alcohol gets delivered to your house instead of the lab…
The ONLY reason they will continue to get any portion of my business is they’re only two hours away and in a pinch I can drive down there.

XD has been nothing but great for me in the past. Now if they’d just open a Michigan branch…

5 Likes

ive emailed them several times but with no response at all

All the good employees keep getting hit by cars :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I have one sitting in my shop. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Barely held vac for a hr

2 Likes

Aluminum chamber- bvv
Vacuum pump- Harbor freight
Pump oil- autozone
Induction cooktop- bed bath and beyond
Steel pot- walmart

The good ole days

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve gotten Gaskets, thier compound gauges, their gauge-triclamp–shutoff combo parts and have also gotten a 6" hemispherical lid plus a few other things I thought were neat off them. NOT ONE OF THE ITEMS I ORDERED FROM BVV WERE EVER WRAPPED!!! LOOSE PRODUCTS JUST SHAKING AROUND, LIKE WTF!!! Very very unprofessional in that area. Never had to deal with thier customer service just loose packaging with no labels telling me which gasket is which mesh size.

Nevertheless sometimes they come in handy and have nice sales so…

1 Like

After working with XD for the first time to order these products that BVV fucked me on. I can’t attest for quality yet. But customer service is amazing! They price matched every product that was listed at higher price on their website. Replied quick and were helpful. Very pleased.

@ChangMinXD is wonderful

6 Likes

BVV sent me an “explosion proof” fan where the metal blade was rubbing on the metal housing

I sent it back they sent me another one, same issue.

Looked like someone spray painted explosion proof on it with some cheap krylon and a shitty stencil

In all fairness they refunded me in full after the second one with no issue

Wow here is the fan they changed the name :rofl:

https://shopbvv.com/collections/safety-devices/products/8-ignition-resistant-axial-fan-w-ducting

1 Like

I believe that was just a misunderstanding. “Explosion proof” in this instance meant “proof it would cause an explosion”

6 Likes

BVV sells to smokeshops at wholesale. Need I say more? They are the step above blasting tubes. That’s it. They have a good niche market and great pricing. I wouldn’t consider it lab grade but definitely fun to tinker with.

2 Likes

:yum::joy::yum::joy::yum::joy::yum:

I purchased a cmep-ol for 3500 and found out that the bolts holding the piston cuffs to the crank were never secured. It failed within 3 seconds of turning on. No locktite. Not even hand tight.

For some reason (cant remember exactly) they wouldnt take a return. Probably because I opened the compressor head to find it full of shavings. So I order a compressor head from xtractor depot ($850) and I shit you not, they accidentally shipped a whole new CMEP-OL. since then I was able to hand file the original cmep crank to refit a lower end rebuild without the scoring, which took removing 1/1000th. Thankfully I worked on engines for a decade before this.

So I have now 2 cmeps for the price of 4200 and about 120 on the rebuild that shipped correct.

These warehouses are full of issues. BVV has good support with triclamp fittings, but expect the sight glasses to show up broken once first. Done it twice now with them personally, they always replace broken glass. Cant hold them responsible for ship damage but also they could have packaged them in like…anything instead of letting 2 sight glasses rattle against their steel bezel.

2 Likes

There super easy to rebuild any the bearings are 20$ or so on ebay

Unfortunately my bearings melted into the crank until it seized. It was a good bit of sanding before the metal was smooth. Although they’re rebuildable, it ought to work from the factory. All from play in the connecting rods.