Buying Solvents in WA

I searched for “buy isobutane” and “buy solvents” and even tried asking a few people locally but they all use cans and didnt have an answer for me.

I just purchased and received a new 1# CLS from @Killa12345 and have been trying to source solvent locally but havent had the best luck so far. I called up my local praxair (I’m in seattle) and asked the guy if they carried r600a as im looking for isobutane. He said they did not carry anything like that at all.

I went to their website and see they list isobutane as a gas they carry so now im wondering if i asked for the wrong grade ie maybe they do carry it but its maybe odorized or something like that.

I was going to try Central Welding and airgas as well but after being told that they didnt carry it at praxair I started doubting myself and decided to post my question(s) here.

So to summarize this is what i am trying to figure out:

1. While im pretty sure r600a is what i should ask for should i instead ask these places if they carry isobutane instead

2. Is it strange to ask for deodorized isobutane (assuming that im asking for it incorrectly when i ask for r600a)? I’ve purchased welding gases but those are much easier i.e. I need acetylene/oxygen or argon and they know exactly what you want.

3. Are welding gas suppliers not the right guys to call for this?

4. Anyone have suggestions of local companies in greater seattle/washington state that carry these solvents for sale?

Thanks!

4 Likes

check w @GasLogix-Adam or ebay or best value vacs

4 Likes

Sent you a DM.

2 Likes

R600 /$235 + 40$ shipping

3 Likes

@GasLogix-Adam will be cheaper though

2 Likes

i have a new tank of 99.9% medical grade ntane with dip tube i have been sitting on would like to get rid of it and im in wa if you want to work something out shoot me a message.

4 Likes

Oxarc carries high purity isobutane.

I recommend possibly inquiring with https://www.accordlabs.com/ - they might have what you’re looking for?

@australis how are you liking that new system? Where did you wind up sourcing your solvent ?

1 Like

oxarc

The 1 pound CLS that I purchased from @Killa12345 was the only piece of equipment that I have not had an issue with. Not a single valve or connection has leaked or needed to be adjusted (minus where I installed a T valve so I could get a reading pressure reading at the top of the column). I would highly recommend his equipment.

Ended up sourcing gas from Linde here locally.

5 Likes

Despite what some people think here. I take this DEADLY SERIOUS. I know the consequences and would never put a few dollars ahead of someone’s safety. Thanks again for the purchase!

10 Likes

do you have an opinion on n-butane vs iso-butane with regards to chalk diamonds?

regards

ive learnt everything about chalk diamonds from @Dukejohnson. Hes the very first person to show me these in private and then brought it here… i wish i knew more but thats the guy you wanna ask

1 Like

I can get you tanks of gas delivered at a very reasonable price

1 Like

Praxair, kush supply, directly distribute to the Seattle area.

I used to pay $650 delivered through Kush Supply for 100lbs tank (Iv’e seen it as low as $450 when purchasing multiple tanks), I pay significantly less these days even for just a single tank delivered. I have not seen anyone yet beat my price.

There are +/- to working with each company.

I, personally, and not at the scale of shipping pallets of tanks back and forth.

Pro tip, make sure you’re checking your Prax serial numbers. If it has a “z” it’s unspec gas. That’s how they get to the sub-$500 range. Cheaper ain’t always better.

Edit: Not serial, SKU.

3 Likes

Makes you wonder if that’s where the benzene came from that lots of folks were popping on…… :wink:

I just want cheap gas, NOW!

4 Likes

Praxair in Seattle/Tacoma does carry Isobutane. They will not sell it to you without a license though. You’ll have to use the Extraction specific guys unless you can finagle with Praxiar.