Butane volume or mass measurement meters?

Im looking for a meter that will measure how many liters or lbs of liquid solvent im using to fill our material columns. Needs to be c1d1 and the only things ive seen look huge for the application. I was looking at Coriolis meters for lpg. Ideally I would like this to not have to use scales as we have massive solvent tank now. I would like to have 2 of these meters on for solvent going to tanks and one after my hx before my solvent tank to know the amount recovered during the run. This helps be more accurate in the records for aqmd. Ideally they would have a 1/2" compression fitting or NPT.

not sure if this would work. Doesn’t seem to be c1d1 but is it intrinsically safe?

Or there is this type. Any help would be awesome!

1 Like

Consider a Chattilon mechanical scale. Definitely C1D1.

4 Likes

Those are in fact c1d1 if you order the ones meant for gas

I use these on my membrane skids

1 Like

I’ve got something along these lines under my 120lb (actual 80% full solvent weight) tanks…

some folks go the the trouble of mounting everything on load cells.

see also: Recommendations on a tank scale for 200+ pound tank

4 Likes

Load cell all the things!

And for the tanks you can’t, ultrasonic distance finders are also helpful.

2 Likes

Ooh - FM certified Intrinsically Safe sensors that are also NTEP “Legal For Trade.”

1 Like

I loaded the widget
And the thing-y-ma-bob
They all load themselves now
And I’ve lost me job :cry:

1 Like

Is this a call for robo arm?
OIP

1 Like

I cross paths with a couple of those, the folks using them still look in the tanks to second guess them…but they’re on chilled heptane denatured ethanol, and I’ve seen that stratify in my cold traps once water gets involved, so the urge to second guess them might be related to this specific use case…dunno.

1 Like

I have only played with my ultrasonics on kegs of water so far, but they seem not terrible for that application.

We’ll find out very soon if they get angry or confused when I ask them to yell at solvents.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the yelling that gets to them…I’m guessing the yelling that doesnt get to them, or comes back sounding all drunk and shit is the real issue :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Pretty sure you’re the dude I sold my big chiller to. Our c1d1 flowmeter line is rocking if you’re still in need. We Ave c1d1 -50’s in stock and our first batch of -90C’s inbound. Let time 5-6 weeks or so. Www.aBHOutit.com

1 Like