Butane Contaminant Demystified

Nice! I had no idea of so and its not something i was to interested in delving into so thanks very much for describing/ so.

It was directed to you tbh as it wouldve been to anyone else that publicly posted it as i really do think some people still wont realize the risks after reading so and may harm themselves instead of just doing normal glass cleaning even if it dried on and was a painful process.

I see you joined this site just a few months back so in all transparency verified consultants here have poured Acetonitrile from HPLC into water bottles confused it drank it… many other sketchy things have occured from people not following basic safety procedures if you delve deep enough into this site. More than appreciate the spoonful of information but yea thats my reasoning of not sharing anything to caustic/acidic or anything generally thatll put you in the ER if your lucky.

1 Like

2022-07-30_162301

2 Likes

Edit.

1 Like

Saving brain cells edit, lol.

Uhhh because you stated his SOP didnt say things it did? He mentioned HDPE containers when you stated the SOP didnt? Your talking about our egos but the text is above for you to see?

If thats how you choose to view it than so be it, i literally said what it was? if someone wanted to learn so i left enough key words there for them to do so themselves. i wasnt going to post that half ass sop you originalyl posted for many obvious reasons.

Yes and i thanked you for the knowledge, if me wanting to trust someone with a PhD over a person on the internet i have no idea about is negative than so be it, im negative. Ethos, Pathos Logos is something i learned and live by. Credibility is a huge determining factor in things THAT CAN KILL PEOPLE.

Yes this was intentional as stated…

i did notice and is why i asked for your reasoning, i said before you replied if you had some beyond it being a greater strength id adhear and guess what i did?

YOur ego got in the way here.

Exactly why you slowly add it so it doesnt occur?

i did nothing but explain how appreciative i was for the info and stated i wouldve replied the same way to anyone who linked the reply but you double backed and came here to pick a fight after i ackowledged what you stated cause it made sense? Your ego tripping buddy. I asked for a valid explanation because people with PHD’s had other recommendations, yours were beyond valid and logical so i didnt butt heads with you i liked and agreed with you?

Ralf…sorry if it seemed I was somehow “dragging’ you.
I wasn’t. I was joking Mamoris about olives soaked in Lye and
I made a joke with Cylcopath about the water solubilities of cannabinoic acids. ….There are at least 5 patents on methods of extracting Cannabis with NaOH, KOH, KCO3 and Ammonia…Water and Water Ethanol systems…well yes you can wash the Cannabinoic acid residues off your glass with N NaOH…

Look put all your glassware in a self cleaning oven…push the on button….forget the lye washes. That is just good advice.

Now that is for the Organics…and let us not go into the inorganics
…but if you have something inorganic left over that is not
Soluble in H20….as Marmoris has pointed out…proceed with caution.

Ralf…you’re doing ok. Forget about the lye.

5 Likes

Trust but verify, if you think im not going to do so with caustic/acidic things or anything that can kill someone than you can go on about my ego, why dont we have dr.choi come in here and cry about your criticism of his SOP? Cause we did the same thing to you that you did to Dr. Choi all iasked for was reasoning? and if you think that first pdf you linked was HELPFUL IN ANY WAY YOU ARE BEYOND UNEDUCATED. That first SOP will severly harm the uneducated. as it doesnt state SHIT about JACK SHIT of the process besides mixing it slowly. No safety procedures no explanations of how caustic the solution is many other things.

YOu clearly havn’t been on this site long enough. Weve had people deemed verified consultants THAT DRANK Acetonitrile AND MANY worse things AS STATED. If you trust those people with caustic/acidic washes than god damn you are delusional. Theres having faith in people and theres watching darwinism occur and giving them more reasons to prove his theory.

1 Like

Lmmfao. Who the fuck drank acetonitrile?

3 Likes

People Future4200 deemed as verified consultants at a point and had them going around teaching others for $$$$

ask @Kingofthekush420 he was apart of the hemp facility that had 4 “consultants” working there that almost died several times got the facility closed down and more.

2 Likes

:+1: :pray:

MjAxMi1iYmU0YTI3ZDQ2NDliNmI0

:sweat_smile:

I don’t plan to use the base bath cleaning method. I only wrote that in case other people want to give it a try. I’m planning to use what you wrote a few days ago:

1 Like

While very unfortuante this is one of the people that worked at that hemp facility, apparently he went back in to save some others and never came out very heroic indeed. but yet another situation of WHY I DONT SHARE THINGS THAT CAN KILL PEOPLE HERE

1 Like

Futures favorite chemist

5 Likes

For some reason they were using water bottles for the mobile phases on the hplc

They just so happened to have the same brand of water bottles around (to drink) and somehow the homie ended up drinking some luckily he didn’t swallow he spit it out

He was rushed to the small local hospital where they didn’t know wtf to do and he even told them what he needed because dude knew his shit when it came to poisonings with certain solvents

They ended up flying him on a helicopter to the nearest big hospital a few hours away

I wasn’t actually there when this happened it was right before I came on

Lesson : don’t use water bottles for waste or the mobile phase on an hplc

9 Likes

And don’t have drinks for food in the lab. Saftey 101.

OSHA 29 CFR 1910.141(g)(2) Eating and Drinking Areas
No employee shall be allowed to consume food or beverages in a toilet room nor in any area exposed to a toxic material.

For:Safety Training: Let's have a Fire Drill @Sidco_Cat

…and depending upon who was last in the “toilet room,” that could be considered a location of toxic material, too :joy:

17 Likes

How many people actually follow this though

I bet more don’t then do

5 Likes

This is butane extraction, I need my dirty coffee cup available at all times…

Our Willie passed away today,
His face we’ll see no more;
What Willie thought was H2O,
Proved H2SO4.

Hadst though but given Willie boy
Na HCO3,
NH3 Ca(HO)2,
He’d still have been with thee.

“Twa better thus,” Will’s spirit cried;
“No NH3 for me.
When vitriol gets in one’s inside,
The stomach goes, you see.”

E’en though the stomach’s gone,
We know—since Schlatter showed the way—
His ileum and oesophagus might
Have served for many a day.

But th’ oesophagus, too, is always charred
By H2SO4.
And so our antidotes are barred
And death has closed the door.

11 Likes

Linking OSHA and safety 101 after posting that half assed SOP?

I agree, and I hope the story about the guy getting a mouthful of acetonitrile serves as a wake-up call.

Our rule is beverages stay outside the room. We have a little cart in the hallway where employees can leave their drinks (water only). That way, they don’t waste time walking to the kitchen to get their beverage. And under CRA rules, you’re not supposed to have food or drink in grow rooms, either.

EDIT:
I never claimed Dr. Choi’s EtOH base bath procedure was an SOP. I wrote it was a “mixing procedure.” Note, however, that it contains basic PPE directions. I did, however, refer to the other upload from Dr. Choi (Iso base bath) as a “full SOP.” And to ensure that’s more apparent to anyone reading, I edited my post with bold and italics.

Blocked.

3 Likes

Was referencing the Dr. Choi SOP you linked? I said after you POSTED that half ass sop not WROTE. SMH my head. The fact you have to post an osha ruling on not having food/drinks in a lab but don’t feel the need to take down that shit dr choi SOP you originally posted is mind boggling.

didnt u do this 3 times already :laughing: , you’re just upset over criticism. The same you’ve dished out to Dr. Choi the only exception is i tried telling you how uneducated some of the community is and you still felt the need to share things. After several other comments agreeing and verifying what i claimed you still were mad at me for saying things like posting that is risky…

You find posting OSHA rulings about not bringing food and water into a lab to be relevant. But not keeping something so caustic private the amount of Irony hurts. DOnt drink water i nthe lab guys, also heres a recipe that can severly harm people who dont follow lab procedures… like idk drinking water in the lab :weary: lol. smh my head

All hail ralf the man who can criticize others but not be criticized himself. I heard he doesnt bleed blood either.