Bust for 106LB’s... of hemp

Anyone hear about this? Read the comments. Apparently they ignored the paperwork showing it was legal hemp and made the bust and immediately congratulated themselves for a big marijuana bust on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2445553495697994&id=1849691195284230

New York is bad for business. The 5 companies authorized to sell their snake oil cannabis products lobbied hard against home cultivation al la reefer madness. Fucked everything up for the real seed keepers out here.

1 Like

I really hope he gets a good lawyer and crucifies the PD and FedEx.

7 Likes

Ya, the farmer is VT based and they are lawyering up. Fedex is private and has a no CBD policy on the books, so nothing to do about that, but definitely a winnable case against the NYPD, so that is going to bring some much needed press exposure to NY’s corrupt program…

6 Likes

It doesnt matter if they have a no cbd policy

So did the post office, they lost

The judge ruled you can legal ship cbd.

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/judicial/admin-decisions/2018/mlb-18-39-fd.htm

Plus the farm bill specifically states no one can stop the transport of legal hemp across state lines

9 Likes

Yes, the post office lost because they are a federally run organization and they have no choice. Fedex, even though they are ‘Federal Express’, they are actually privately owned and they can have whatever policy they want, they do not ship CBD and they don’t have to. The farm bill prevents federal and state agencies from preventing transport of compliant hemp, but it doesn’t force private companies to facilitate that. UPS will not ship flower or biomass, however they will ship packaged finished goods like tincture, etc…

But it doesn’t seem that fedex rejected the package or called the boys in blue. So I don’t think that mattwrs

A good firm will best FedEx up on this. They are not the police and should have read the paperwork in the box’s after they opened them. Their actions resulted in an innocent person being arrested and charged with a crime. This is of course a federal case if it were real weed since it was sent across state lines. So your local PD was not the right agency in any case to snitch to.

6 Likes

Just use USPS, they are required to get a warrant to open your mail. FedEx and UPS are privately held companies and can open your mail for any reason using whatever discretion they want.

It’s funny how our government sanctioned mail service is the safest option for dope transportation.

9 Likes

I get my mind blown at how many “brilliant people” ship drugs private carrier where you need to provide identification and have no property rights.

I refuse to ship ANY goods at all thru a private carrier unless its out the country. Even then, if it is going to the first world, its finna be usps.

5 Likes

Fedex distribution center in NY handed it over to the NYPD

our terps certainly got opened up by the USPS without a warrent. LOL oh man! They then went right to the court house located directly across the street. Then into the possession of our county police which held them for 3 months.

1 Like

There’s probably a loophole or something under the patriot act where if they think it contains a hazardous substance they can tear it open.

Or the package miraculously ripped open “in transit.”

My local post office is great and has two cuties working the front desk and not a courthouse in sight :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Mine is run but literal cave trolls, you are lucky lol

If its liquid they can open it if you havent told them it contains a liquid

Depends what class of mail you send.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Can-my-mail-be-opened

FedEx has a policy against shipping hemp and non-synthetic CBD. This is from the prohibited products section.

First rule of shipping USPS you never tell them you are shipping anything hazardous liquid or batteries

3 Likes