Burnt rubber taste?

What’s good Token friends,
I’m new here and loving all the information on here. I glad to be joining and learning from you all. I made a slab of shatter from some my Foower that didn’t have much eye candy. The slab came out nice IMO, but it’s got a hint of burnt rubber taste.
Done some digging and found that a lot ppl get it from nail being to hot. But that my case.
I’ve also read that if can be from sulfur and I did use safer organic product but that was only first few weeks start of flower.

I’m also using a appion g5 twin for recovery (I know I should use. Tr-21). But I was wondering if maybe the taste is coming from the seals from recovering

Thanks again. Hope to learn more. Thanks

Well i use a lot of appions and luckely
Never had that
What i did have that gave smell is cheap chinease hvac tubes that started to disintegrate due to propane and giving a chemical smell

2 Likes

My buddy tells me that my appoin going to kill me. But the tr-21 I cant find that it rated for r-600

So you would think that it would be more
From sulfur over the seal in the compressors?

2 Likes

Well hard to tell
The smell is new correct ? And wasn t there before ?
Some biomass is fed with sulfur Wich accumulates in the biomass
Breaking dabs had a IG movie on that about 2 weeks ago but that was more rotten ergs than burnt rubber

I guess my question is can butane eat away at the seals if they r not ptfe

Purging shatter on a silicon mat can do it. I remember when I had my heat vac I was purging on silicon mats and I got a distinct rubber taste. Especially when I was purging out alcohol made dabs on silicon mats cause it leeches.

2 Likes

Hmm I use standard parchment. Still silicon
I do pour on but so doesn’t a lot of ppl. Thanks for input

What are the seals made of ?

1 Like

you did indeed put a sulfur product on the flower though, right? I think it just lingered and got extracted.

2 Likes

I swear I think I extracted neem oil one time by accident

Shit was so bad u wanted to gag hitting it!

Shortly after I quit using any spray in bloom!!!

I’d rather pick through lady bug parts!

2 Likes

do you guys think you could also get some of the rubber taste from a (relatively) warmer extraction?

Trs-21 not Tr-21. Trs-21 are shat on frequently and from what I can tell from reading are loud and don’t recover propane blends well. Imo save for a cmep-ol. I’m passive not active but if I were to switch, it would be a cmep-ol.

Check your oil with a blacklight and see if it will
fluoresce?
Check this out!

3 Likes

If one were to put a picture in negative colours, would one achieve the same as viewing directly with UV and lights off.

no, the uv light makes the oil fluoresce.

1 Like

1 Like

got a blacklight?

I don’t

So replace ththe tane taste is gone. Not sure where care from I’m betting the seals in my recovery pump

I just got a g5 twin appion are they really that dangerous? Im about to use it lol