Bunny rabbits keep eating outdoor plants

I have fences around my pots and it was still making its way.

My traps keep on catching rats and mice, and I caught a squirrel when I put out the peanut butter during the day. I’ll try the poo method.

I have a shit zoo and a cat that would rather just cuddle the bunnies. At least they leave my plants alone. Maybe plant catnip with your garden and get some farm cats. Give em a little food, and they’ll stick around.

A GSD would do it for sure, but might attract a little too much attention if it’s as loud as my sister’s is. She’s so wild, she would have the whole site thrashed trying to catch the rabbits.

2 Likes

My dogs are so loud lol. My neighbors hate me. They actually called the sheriffs on me. Sheriffs laughed because I have a 8ft fence around my property. Making me an above average per owner for where I’m at. Lol
4gsd’s deep and it’s just starting to feel like a fam

It was one of those moments I’m thankful my outdoor spot ISNT at my house haha

Lol

5 Likes

The mini size dachshund is good for hunting rabbits

6 Likes

You could also complete your animal team with a pair of giant owls. Should be the right one for catching early morning scavengers.

5 Likes

This is a job for Elmer Fudd. Be very very quiet…Im hunting wabbits.

4 Likes

Plant some clover for them away from the plants. If there’s enough they eat that and leave the weed alone I bet.

Edit: I refer non lethal methods until there’s no other resort. Save the bunnies.

8 Likes

Even more since most of mentionned methods are not necessary specific to one beast, and are generally banned…

1 Like

I’m definitely not a fan of poisoning, to indiscriminate and I think it’s cruel.

Save the wabbits!

3 Likes

Eh wassup Doc

2 Likes

That’s fucked up and one of the most horrifc things I have read on the site. I have a particular fondness for big cats, and while I understand defending one’s self in the presence of an immediate threat, I do not understand what is okay or acceptable about slow bleeding (torturing) an animal that is not immediately threatening you. Hope you don’t have dogs or house cas that eat this shit instead.

16 Likes

Have you ever lived around cougars and wolves? Like an area with an abundance of them? Where you are in their territory? Where there are enough of them that you hear them nightly?

Cougars, wolves and people don’t co exist well.

Hence why my property has a 8ft fence… and even that won’t stop them if they want in, only slow them down

6 Likes

I grew up trapping in Southwest Ohio. I’ve trapped my share of small furry mammals. Humanely and inhumanely. I started out trapping as I was taught. With traditional jaw traps, body immobilizers, snare traps. If you can’t set a trap that does an instant kill then you shouldn’t be trapping. Razor blades causing the animal to bleed out. Traps that induce the animal to chew its foot off to escape the trap. That is pure bullshit. If you can’t deal with mammal pests the right way then find a professional trapper. As far as cougars and wolves…I can’t speak to that. No experience in that arena.

6 Likes

Slept with one next to my ma’s cabin for a awhile. And as far as wolves, I’m more scared of a pack of coyotes, and even then, I would never recommend this. If we’re against cruel and unusual punishment for humans, then it needs to be applied to animals as well.

I’m in agreement with @Akoyeh here, that some cruel shit to do.

12 Likes

Coyotes are a joke compared to wolves LOL

MY DOGS WILL FUCK COYOTES UP.

wolves, not a chance…

4 Likes

You dog would get mauled by a pack of coyotes in a heartbeat man.

Edit: no dog stands a chance against a PACK of coyotes, and they’re rarely not in a pack.

1 Like

Haha, maybe our coyotes are different :man_shrugging:

Seen it happen…

Not my dogs, on another friends property with his livestock guardian breed (4 of them)

They’re ruthless in southern Colorado.

Edit: I think they’re still cool af lol.

2 Likes

Can’t speak for anywhere but NE WA

Could be a whole different ball game

Yes, I have, and I will continue to do so, as the real backcountry is where I feel most at home.

In your comment you said something very interesting: “their territory”! So what you’re saying is that being human gives one the right to indiscriminately kill any animal they perceive as a threat, even if the human has invaded the personal space and territry of said animal, initiating the threat themselves?!

To reiterate what I said, if one’s life is being immediately threatened, protecting one’s self is justified and generally encouraged. If you have to kill an animal, their death should be swift and not in a manner such as was outlined by @Saucyslabz.

Or better yet, as @Future suggested in anther thread, by a fucking donkey! There are plenty of ways to ensure one’s safety without torturing them to death.

7 Likes