Bunny rabbits keep eating outdoor plants

I’ve been having a bunny rabbit problem the past month. He’s eaten about 6-10 plants.

I’ve tried live traps with lettuce, carrots, and peanut butter.

I’ve also tried granule repellant.

Any first hand experience with outdoor grow and keeping mammals out of my backyard?

4 Likes

.22lr, 1 dose per wabbit.

40 Likes

I’ve tried camping out, waking up early. He’s too sneaky… I ain’t got time for this lil f*^***

4 Likes

Exactly

Wish this was the case with voles and pocket gophers…

2 Likes

Gophers are easy. Water hose and same dosage.

8 Likes

Dosage of?

2 Likes

Anti freeze and dried corn let it soak for a few toss it down the hole

3 Likes

I haven’t used it, but there is a sprinkler called the scarecrow that has a motion detector and blasts whatever comes near it with a stream of water.

4 Likes

Interesting lol. This is some hills shit

1 Like

You got a raccoon problem, use a 5/8 paddle bit deill a hole toe nail 2 nails into the hole and drop a piece of tin foil in the hole. The raccoon will chew its hand off before it will let go, just know its gonna be pissed when you find it there.

4 Likes

I love it

What do you do about cougars? Lol

Have a momma and 3 cubs on a game can 30 ft from the GH. And at like 9am. Wtf

Literally won’t go up there without a 30-30. Which I don’t really enjoy (guns around cannabis is usually a no go for me)

7 Likes

@Hansel put razor blades in ground beef they will lick/ eat the beef it will cut their tongue and they will bleed out .

3 Likes

I leave them alone until they dont leave me alone but always ready for 45 problem solver. Had one on my back porch a few months back, got rushed by a blackbear same might he was about 3 seconds from a slug to the dome piece. Luckily i hit him just rigjt with a stick and he thougjt twice and retreated

8 Likes

Woooooo, gotta love the hills life

3 Likes

I would say other predators poo would do as well

3 Likes

I wonder if I shit around my greenhouse if this will help

My partner might be a little bummed…

9 Likes

Use half an apple as bait in your live trap. Rabbits can’t resist an apple.

2 Likes

Get some cougar pee. You can buy it online. Works great. Pupparoo where you live?

3 Likes

I’ve never tried a rabbit snare, only live traps, but I hear they are quite effective if placed on their game trail. Here’s a link showing basic setup. Google has plenty of results for nice stainless snares all ready to rock.

Top 3 Rabbit Snare Traps - Survival Sullivan.

1 Like

Fence + gsd would probably take care of the rabbits

My gsd’s even like house cats, throw a couple of those in there while your at it. Lol

I have one 6 week old male left if anyone wants him…

3 Likes