Bulk Topical Production jacketed kettles?

So, found these beauties locally from someone who previously had a soap making company.

Dude said he made a few million bucks and cashed out, apparently these were located inside a women’s prison and they had them pumping out soap bars with little action figures inside. (Makes me wonder if any of the missing stainless parts were used as shanks)

He told me they needed to be hooked up to steam, or a injection mold heater (recirculating hot water) the units come with heated hoses and an air compressor powered mixer.

Not wanting to get the carriage before the horse, I am wondering how do I heat these things? Is this not the right tool for the job? Are these total junk?

Was thinking of purchasing one or two 20 gallons to scale up my topical production, (maybe two if I only need one recirculating heater) and extending one of the heated hoses to have a filling wand attachment. Need the kettles to be at at least 60c to keep the topicals fluid.

Is this a terrible idea? Any input would be greatly appreciated, much love everybody happy Tuesday! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I converted a steam jacketed tipping kettle to run with hot water. Cut a 3/4in tri clamp hose in half and attached onto the inlet / outlet and recirculate water through an insta-hot. This should work no issue as long as the soap doesn’t need to be at above boiling temps. I shoot for 60c as well and it stays pretty damn close. I use mine to bloom gelatin and as a holding tank for discharging into my depositor.

9 Likes

Looking clean! Perfect thank you!

1 Like