Bulbs

Need to swap bulbs and i been out of the loop. I run de fixtures and Was looking for recommendations. I was considering the new cmh 1000s from growers choice. All feedback is greatly appreciated

1 Like

Been running cmh for 3+ yrs now and KILL it

2 Likes

I tried the 945 a while back and wasn’t impressed, but thought things could have changed. Ty for your feedback

1 Like

I run many 315 single in big kahuna hoods.

2 Likes

its not as simple as a drop in 1kw cmh that can operate in your DE fixture. as of right now the phillips 315w cmh from what ive read are the best way to go for cmh. all other bulbs use a chinese 450 burner at their core. the 1000w DE cmh bulbs use 2 of those burners in series. you dont get the intensity of a single 1000w light source you get the intensity of 2x 500w light sources in a single lamp tube.

3 Likes

Multiple single 315 will be best vs 630s or 945s.

1 Like

I have de fixtures, that is why i was asking. I have no intention on replacing my fitures. Just looking for de recommendations. So 1000 chm are not worth using. So just a reg de hps

Just a heads up, cmh MUST use a square wave ballast, not a normal hps/mh type ballast. That will not work.

5 Likes

One of the crazy things about the Gavitas Pro DE series is they recommend replacing the reflector when you change the de bulb, every year.

1 Like

I read that about those also. I believe the same would apply to all fixtures

1 Like

6yrs now with the same big kahuna hoods.

Do you replace your piston rings in your car at every oil change.
NO

Hoods are made of a metal. Under no circumstances, less a nuclear meltdown, should you need to replace hoods for a bulb change.

3 Likes

Even if the metal was somehow losing its reflective quality you could simply buff it with a very very fine grit to return it to its original, if not increased, reflectivity.

2 Likes