Building small passive set up

So here’s my few things I want to figure out so I can scale everything proportionally:
-Solvent to dry material ratio(I will be doing crc), I’ve heard 6:1 works but I have also heard 10:1 is necessary. This will allow me to size my solvent tank accordingly
-size of honey pot for running a 6x48” column packed without socks(if I need to switch to socks later I will but I don’t want to, I’ve never liked running socks)
-size of molec sieve
-I will be building everything out in 1/2 inch fittings, recovery will be with a 1-2 inch braided line or solid stainless if I can make it happen
-I am very limited when it comes to electricity so if I need more than 2kw to heat I would like to either go propane or I’d use a solar heating option
If y’all can help point me in the right direction to figure these things out that would be great then I can come up with a very detailed write up with every fitting etc I can picture in my head👍

A coil in your honey pot (hot) and a coil in your solvent tank (cold) would increase your speed, the coil in the honey pot would produce more vapor (that u need in passive) and the coil on the tank would keep shit cold to reduce pressure

2 Likes

That is a great idea, I was planning on getting a jacketed and center coil for solvent tank but I didn’t think about it for the honey pot. This is what I’m talking about! :handshake: :clap: if you have any links to the best bang for the buck parts please drop some links, you will save me tons of time searching through everything (oss, bvv, hfs, XD etc)

@Killa12345 can probably get you setup with a nice system.

1 Like

Vapor through the bottom of the mol sieve and out the top.

4 Likes

Intergalactic is basically selling this exact thing right now

1 Like

take the draw up with a grain of salt, I’ll do a full detailed actual write up with each piece fully drawn out to fittings valves etc. thank you for pointing that out though, doing that wrong would suck ballz

1 Like

Thank you I’m gonna check this out rn

This also looks very promising for recovery, I don’t know what would work better this or the shotgun condenser I posted above

2 Likes

I’m borrowing one from @FicklePickle. Runs like a champ.

5 Likes

Is that the open sleeve from hfs or the shotgun condenser from oss? Either way I’m very interested to see what ya end up doing with it, If ya can share what your previous recovery rate was to what it is by adding that I’d be super interested to see👍Dm me if ya don’t want to post bout it @Dred_pirate

1 Like

It’s open sleeve designed and commissioned by myself and @twistedstill. We could go into the assholes that made it for me and how they stole our design and sold it to the masses….

It’ll recover however much vapor you throw at it. Seriously…… it’s a beast

10 Likes

Is it flat on one side and rounded on other?

1 Like

The one from hfs is. Mine is a full circle

4 Likes

Real cool to speed up dry ice passive situations. No pun intended lol

2 Likes

It creates so much vacuum it’s not even funny.

2 Likes

45 posts were split to a new topic: Clown town

A post was merged into an existing topic: Clown town

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Clown town with the “OG” of og’s

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Clown town with the “OG” of dunce town