Building pressure In Collection Tank

I was curious if I could throttle My solvent intake valve to build pressure in collection tank to increase recovery time and to not have to use nitrogen to push solvent into recovery tank. I’m also running active.

Lol what? You don’t need n2 to recovery, if anything you should bleed the N2 prior.

8 Likes

Are you not getting your pumps rated recovery rate? What sized lines are you using? Pump? Excessive backpressure in operating tanks?

what happens is that my solvent gets stuck in dry ice slurry and Im running a gc500 i already know its way too much for my setup which is just an x10 setup.

Sounds like you have water in your lines or too much back pressure in your recovery tank. Have you changed your dissiccant regularly?

3 Likes

For recovery, it’s actually better to have less pressure in your recovery tank to increase recovery. More pressure in collection vessel(from lpg gas) will push into your recovery tank. I like to build about 50 psi in collection vessel before opening my recovery lines just to have a nice push of recovery through the coils. If it’s not recovering might be because both of the collection and solvent vessels are equal in pressures or the solvent tank has more pressure than collection so it does not allow for recovery, in that case you need to bleed pressure from solvent tank.

Edit: in addition, you can use the solvent tanks head pressure to push solvents from material column to collection pot. Some people call it “vape assist”

5 Likes

that’s what i was referring to previously but someone said you shouldn’t need n2 to recover.

yes i have

Ok, keep in mind I’m not talking about N2 either. I’m talking about the pressure build up from the gas.

5 Likes

Nitrogen is only used to move solvent through the first half of the system.

So, from the solvent tank to the column, or from the column to the collection through any series of other vessels. Once your nitrogen is in your collection and anywhere past that point, it no longer serves a purpose and instead becomes a hindrance.

As such, you must remove as much nitrogen as possible from your system at this point. Where you let it all out from depends on your setup, but it’s either your collection or your recovery tank and your column or solvent tank.

If your recovery tank and your solvent tank are the same vessel you’ll need to also release the nitrogen from the initial injection before recovery can begin.

If you’d like a more thorough walk through just hit the dms and we’ll get you fixed up and pumping out quality.

4 Likes