Build or buy falling film?

Your saying yellowstone started design and prototyping of a FFE in 2014?

1 Like

Based on how far along they were at the beginning of 16, I’d wager they’d been playing with em for longer than that

3 Likes

You gotta remember Canada was strict anti hydrocarbon forever. Being forced into ethanol processing required innovation

2 Likes

downtheterp holes instagram is like a open blaster in some of his first posts lol. Theres no way they were FFE prototyping at that time. No pics at all of anything…

My point was the green tax rape these companies claim to be apart of the community and helping than will turn around and green tax rape huge markups…all from systems just copied from other companies that cost 50k or less to build…

At the end of the day you were the first with the FFE, so my hats of to you.

Ah…Canada and there silly hydrocarbon laws…

The only groups openly sharing processing secrets before me was SkunkPharm and @spdking

Not sharing IP to Instagram has zero relevance.

And it seems like you arent familiar with the Yellowstone. The condenser is incredibly novel.

Also, there’s a huge thread here for building your own FFE. So if you have more time than money, feel free to spend your time there instead

3 Likes

I think you left out wild recovery claims and the dogging he’d do before/after putting up any photos/videos of the unit in operation. It’s also funny how he claims things are overpriced unless of course they come from summit of course :tipping_hand_man:t2:

1 Like

Ffe are just based on what you throw at it. There are alot of options.

Mad much?

Or just confused.

Your rant sounds like you just popped a zooter.

1 Like

Actually if you were paying attention my goal and delivery of usa made ffe is not to include markups that line pockets. We would rather make a few thousand on 50-75k unit and move more of them and functional units for the customer than selling less of them and asking for more. …

I have been paying a lot of attention, I’ve read the entirety of the thread

And many others on here, including the open source designed ones and done up the numbers for cost. I have also been quoted by yous for that unit (the max) at over 50k and on a 5L SPD setup for over 70k :sweat_smile: before I went and got a little more educated

1 Like

Depends how those quotes are sent out and what ancillary hardware someone asks for.

Those setups are cheap if you ask for the right part out. Remember we sell most everything from chillers to vacuum pumps to sensors for less than MSRP. We compete in the market. You might have asked for a invoice for everything and the kitchen sink for all I know.

It’s less about what I asked for and more that I was told I’d need when I said I’d have roughly 5k lbs of material to run a year. What was better was when I said I wouldn’t need certain things as I could source them cheaper, pumps and chillers and such, the “follow up” with me never happened.

On top of it all I’m in Canada, so exchange and taxes once it’s landed - just the THM + head and rbf = in excess of 10k cad lol for a 5L setup that would have taken me FOREVER to run, with the quantity I have to process; that’s not even getting into the falsities about the Max’s capabilities…

Am I saying your gear isn’t nice? No. Is it over priced, yes. But that’s business, gotta make your margins and profit

50k in parts, but what is thousands of man hours r&d/usability testing/peer review/certification worth?

if your time and safety are worth 0 there’s your price tag.

i suggest you build out your ffe and compare efficiency of heat input and heat rejection to a more well developed evaporator platform.

2 Likes

The max rotovap has videos of it running in real time. The only thing false is you keep pushing how someone’s trying to rip someone off. There are videos of our products posted online so people can see it and make up thier own Minds. I don’t know what happend with your short path order but you are welcome to send a email back in and get a responce and if you have a issue you know where to find me so I can fix your issues.

At what point did I use the words ripping someone off? Those are your words, not mine. At no point did I elude to any such thing either. All I’ve stated are links to previous discussions that have already been held and the standard practice in business which is making money or profiting. You however have said, essentially, that people are being ripped off by other companies out there

I suggested that when people were pocketing a hundred grand for something that should cost way less

Rowan,

As an organic farmer and an agronomist, most plants are nutritionally deficient. The reason are many. Where it rains, soils are depleted naturally, like the east coast of the US, where it rains so much, farmers don’t irrigate.

Then there is the west coast, which has by far some of the best soils in the US. I can show you raw soil and I can show you soils that have been farmed for 50+ years, all in one way or another, nutrient deficient.

This is why everyone uses some sort of fertilizer input which increases yields and in many cases, quality.

Doing that correctly, is another story!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Stop posting your shit all over the forum, you were told previously to consolidate your items into a single for sale thread for your business

2 Likes