Budget friendly cartridge filling solution

You were able to fill without a heatpad?! Thats wilddd

I got the cart farmer 50 w/ heat pad. I had the heat pad around the reservoir. The syringe is what i was worried about. The larger version have the thin heat pad that wraps around the syringe and feed tube, that isnā€™t included or necessary for the cart farm 50, but no worries, the 50 w/ heat pad works flawlessly

2 Likes

Yeah I had this concern in the beginning. He designed it where it wasnā€™t needed bc the reservoir is attached to the gun. there is no time for it to cool.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been making edibles for years, and hard candies wouldnā€™t be your market. Hard candies really are one of the easiest edibles to make. Where your system would be perfect, is with chocolate. Hard candy is very forgiving, + 15f degrees isnā€™t a batch killer. Whereas chocolate is extremely temperamental, just a few degrees can ruin a perfect batch of chocolate. Thatā€™s where your precise and well distributed heat pads would come in handy. The working temp of chocolate is so low, that while trying to pour it, scoop it, and just general work with it, causes it to cool so rapidly that itā€™s hard to be perfect. Chocolatiers have tons of waste, fill molds, scrape the excess. Problem is, when you are dealing with edible chocolates, the value of the waste is 20x+ the value of regular chocolate, so we need an efficient filling system with minimal waste. The equipment is available, but prohibitively expensive leaving access to those with thick pockets. Iā€™ll be first in line to buy your chocolate dispenser if it ever comes about. No pressure man, you do your thing, Iā€™ll support you regardless of your decision

4 Likes

You think the cartfarmer 250 with a 10g tip could do it? I just got 5lbs of chocolate today :wink:

1 Like

The treat farmer is more suited for the task

Difference in feed tube inside diameter

Heated body

10 times the volume

6 Likes

drum roll pleassseeee!!!

@qma strikes brillance once again

wook no way!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take one

2 Likes

I had that problem today at dawn, it is the vegetable oil which is actually glycerin, which reacts with the isopropyl and becomes like plastic, the only thing was to clean it until removing what creates.

Those syringes are cleaned with hot water and lubricated with vegetable glycerin so that it is not hard when aspirating ā€¦ Greetings from Peru

Just a heads up, because I still have yet to see anyone mention this;

The Prima-Shot 50ML unit does .5 & 1ml. Pretty sure there isnā€™t another one of these dosing guns that is 50ml and does .5ml increments. Bang for the buck, itā€™s the cheapest and most versatile option.

that thing has a plastic tube

cart farmer does .2ml up to 2ml in .1 increments and he makes reservoirs from 50ml up to 1L @qma

1 Like

That plastic tube is chemical resistant and intended for injecting medicine into farm animals. Itā€™s fine for the application. I realize what cart farmer does, but Iā€™m talking about bang-for-the-buck. People complaining about swapping out 25ml reservoirs, they just bought the wrong unit.

chemical resistant =/= heat cycle resistant via a PID controlled heat wrap

Also those tubes are not chemical resistant to aromatic hydrocarbon exposure (terpenes)

that tube you linked is made from ā€œTritanā€

This. 100% this. Aromatic hydrocarbons are a pain to work with, and require specific materials to handle. Those plastic repeaters will break down over time, and not be safe for consumption.

2 Likes