Budget Digital Vacuum Sensor, read a 60$ pirani gauge through your PC

Do a side by side and make a video. We wanna see more summit video demonstrations.

1 Like

Typically I do them on shop to show people in person. Thatā€™s how I like to roll. In person.

Iā€™m not in Cali anymore but where is the shop? I was considering getting a bunch of digivac equipment for fall build out but youā€™re making me think I may need to modify them or go another direction

1 Like

a 536 uses the same thermocouple internals as a 531 they are within 15% accuracy. this same sensor can be used on the yellow jacket gauge (i think i havnt tested yet). but a yellow jacket gauge cant be calibrated so it does have a big downfall. definitely not as good as a bullseye in this respect but then again they are 100 bucks used on ebay

1 Like

To be fair the most accurate system and vacuum controller on market to this day is my Apollo - it will turn heads and change minds. And this is whole industry Iā€™m talking about. The features are insane a d the accuracy it has is second to a 20k sensor like a 2p or 3p

what sensor does it use?

Why donā€™t you make a video demonstration Iā€™m too far away to come to your store

1 Like

Iā€™m reaaaaly bad at making videos. Iā€™m way so excited and giddy I never pull out my camera when I should.

Well the programing for affordable reasons is a 536, but can handle anything. It has a board stock inside it for a uhvp inficon sensor that can go up to -11 scale so you could say itā€™s packed with the highest quality components and features avail only on a Apollo. I sorta pulled all the stops out. Itā€™s a high end vacuum controller. Ot has phantom power built in. You connect valves and it controlls them remotely. Itā€™s pretty awesome.

1 Like

You had a bunch of vids I watched when I was first studying short path distillation of cannabis.

I had no idea what I was doing and understood very little at that point but I was just trying to get familiar with terms and concepts- took lots of notes.

I enjoyed them and I vote for more SummitTV.

2 Likes

Honestly. Donā€™t ever take advice about anything Iā€™ve done in my old videos. With our technology changing so fast all the new processes that we do we will eventually have more videos that will give you an up-to-date realistic approach on how to run your short path. really the only reason why I keep the old videos up is so people can see how fucked up and messed up we were all were back in the day when we were trying to figure this out. I mostly keep those videos up as an examples of what not to do today. just like all of the articles that have there much older there archived articles that are all examples of what not to do these are things that we used to think of to do that we thought was right until technology change and gave us better tools to get the process done easier and more efficiently

3 Likes

The version of the 901P I ordered has three relays built in. It can do the same thing.

1 Like

Right I get all that, A lot of it was incoherent rambling and at one point I believe you compared a PID controller in your mantle to an artificial intelligence but for someone just starting out you did describe the processes and equipment in a way that made it easy to continue researching and I appreciate that for what it is.

Point is it would be cool to see some demonstrations of the new tech.

3 Likes

Itā€™s still different. Your talking stratavac right. We have those too. We weā€™re the earliest adopters of the svg1 when stratavac was first configured by summit by Digi for the industry.

Whatā€™s the range on your appolo? Is it advanced enough to do both a high vac range and low vac range accurately? Does it use different sensors for the different connection points?

The Apollo is nist certified. Itā€™s accuracy is about as good as the sensor heads. So the 1 micron range is within spec on the agilent 536ā€¦ it has built in Uhvp calibrated to nist standards and adding a inficon po-con style sensor heads will read down to -11 scale accurately. That actual uhvp board is more accurate by .2 e -. So itā€™s fractions at uhvp.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the price on the appolo with the sweeper attachments and uhvp upgrade? Iā€™m tired of my 1 point digivac guage

I have a few options. Donā€™t hold me on prices but this is about as accurate as I can get remotely.

800 Svg-1 Bluetooth and upgraded bullseye.

1450 svc-1 high volume wet solvent vavuum control with acid safe valves.

1500? Svg-3 stratavac upgraded. Comes with three points built in and calibrated.
First and second point is 1 micron 536 sensor.
Third point is upgrade uhvp inficon guage (1800 extra cost due to guage from agilent isnā€™t cheap to see below 1 micron to -11 scale).

3500 summit Apollo (we brought this to market) has up to six points(three come built in) and calibrated to nist to each sensor head so you should not move sensor heads around. This one is dead on factual. Has two built in phantom power ports to control up to 4 valves but 2 are built in and the valves are from vat/DC magnetic and cost about 800 from me or anyone. The unit also has a built in sweep controller for a sweep valve - the built in control board come standard. And it has a couple other coms.
$1000 additional The sweep valve doesnā€™t come with Apollo. The sweep valve cost includes the calibrated system to opperate with the apollo, clamp, oring and the non expanding uhvp PTFE adapter(like similar others but these are cut to a high standard and made not to conform with least memory for use in uhvp setups).
It comes with a chemical duty screen for touching with dirty fingers and cleaning.
The sweep system operates either using a PID tuning that you apply per micron sweep adjustment and set point. Ad it also has sccm flow software. So you can switch between sweep setting on the fly. You can use it based on micron set. Or you can bleed either bare min or full bore and let the pump decide what it wants to do

I hope this makes sense. So a Apollo + sweep is MSRP 3500 +1000. 4500 - when you buy them together Iā€™ll give you 15% off the combo package so you can feel some love.

1 Like

The seep system opperation reads from sensor a. So if you want to see sweep at the laminnar or short path you put sensor a on that point. If you Wana see massive sweep jumps you put sensor a at the pump and that creates a different effect. So it reads the sweep setting off one of the guages.

1 Like

15% off is nice, Iā€™ll definitely come pick one up. You have any in stock?

1 Like