Budget Chiller Pump?

I’ve built a glycol chiller that gets down to about -30C, but I’m struggling to find a pump. I’ve only managed to find either really expensive and over spec’d pumps so far, so I thought I’d see if anyone has any suggestions. I’ve seen some people have good results with cheap submersible pumps from amazon but I have plans to get down to -50C so i want a pump i can ‘grow in to’.

Theres some magnetic drive and diaphragm pumps on ebay that are sub £200 but theres no info on temperatures.

Kit

1 Like

What kind of chiller? Is it a window ac one? I just built one of those haven’t filled with glycol yet to test temps but the condenser gets to -40 before my temp gun cuts out. I have a eco plus 633i plan on using. That’s what other people on here use for dry ice/ alcohol chillers.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for the info. I’m in the UK so I can’t find that exact model but I reckon I can get something. Mine is similar to your set up but instead of a cooler its small chest freezer. I’ve not finished the AC bit yet so its just running on the freezer. Im hoping for -40 to -50 when its all done. What liquid do you use? Glycerin? Not sure what the difference between glycol, glycerin and PG is, if there is one at all.

a eco submersible magnetic pump should do the trick

1 Like

The pic is just my condenser no fluid, And no load. Look into the deep freeze chillers it’s not that effective. You won’t be able to or possibly not recover with it either. My plan is to get my n-butane cold enough to bleed off n2 which should be easily done.

2 Likes

How hard did you go at insulating that cooler? I’m setting something very similar to what you got going and am thinking on how I can insulate better without making moisture traps.

That looks really jimmy rigged bc with electricity ^ water lol

Hot Water Pump, DC Water… Amazon.com