Buchner funnel "Recipes" and

So I have been going super nerd on my buchner funnel a bit. Idk why but I really like like ability to filter exactly what you want with extreme precision. My latest ratio seems to get some nice golden slabs (fuck that clear white slab bs), and it all seems to be dependent on what exactly come out after it’s been soaking in ethanol for a day or 2 (and frozen). I’m a big fan of carbon, in my mind it’s clean and more natural, but I also use some alumina and Bentonite depending on what needs done (not a big fan of silica). Then I run it through a fresh filter once or twice after it’s ran through the “Concoction” until its pure. Seems to produce some amazing product while retaining more terps than running it though a pre-made cartridge or “formula”.

Does anyone else have a buchner fettish?

I would rather just use a crc on my cls. I enjoy being able to use positive pressure (instead of vac) letting me have more control of my flow rate.

I’m a b80 guy. W1 is just as good (or better, but my personal experience with it is limited so I will leave it at that)

3 Likes

Buchner is a great tool but probably one of the lowest performing styles of filtration we use. Especially those shitty ceramic filters that allow powders past the paper.

I still love them and use them all the time but there are much better options out there if you have a way to push instead of just pull vac you will be pleasantly surprised by the difference.

@hansel has a quite the fetish butt this is the wrong category to elaborate on his fetishes. I’m seriously impressed with your ability to hold back that quote in its original form.

6 Likes

Ahh, a fellow Eugenian. Glad to see it. Lol. Whats your favorite method to filter? Same as @Hansel ?

1 Like

I have well over 500 gallons of etoh thru a fritted disc buchner with celite cake on top with zero issues.
But remember, I’m the MF’n unicorn of this stuff apparently. Etoh wash, filtering, spd.

And a 2 day soak, holy soaking batman!

No, I like a positive pressure filter vessel. Essentially the same thing but with a sealed top you can pressurize. Ideally with a sintered/fritted disk or a locking ring to prevent anything slipping by.

1 Like

The need for a good lock ring is extremely under rated.

2 Likes

I like fritted disc buchners I collect them in all sizes and porosities

5 Likes

Thuth!!!

I even posted a trick to clean them in the tricks of the trade thread

2 Likes

Is butthole filtration a thing?

4 Likes

Absolutely. I will carry that torch if necessary.

4 Likes

Backwards, and bent over?

1 Like

Puparoo aka Hansel look what u started instead spoons its buttholes now :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

I apologize, I keep aiding and abetting. :zipper_mouth_face: I’m gonna try and not.

1 Like