Bubbling in residue

Anyone have any idea what may be causing our residue side to bubble like this. Only happens when we get under .100mtor. Only suggestions we’ve had so far are residual solvent and possible small leak?

Was this supposed to be audio only?

If it’s from the sides, look into your sightglass positioning. If it’s from the middle, check your motor alignment to the discharge pump. If neither are the issue, then it’s your crude. If it’s not your in house produced crude, it may have not been fully decarbed and little pockets of decarboxylation are occuring.

I’ve had crude boil in my res before.

I see you have a CDU 3000 we have one as well. Had this happen to us a couple of times. Is there a way we can get in contact? I’ve had some other issues and am wondering if other people with CDUs have encountered the same issues.

Hey man…basically we where letting the residue side build up to much. You want to get it so it’s basically a continuous flow out and not building up in there. Just enough liquid in the pumps so they aren’t running dry.

Have you ever had a problem with the residue getting too sticky and locking up the gears?

Turn res temp up to 155+, up to 180. Ensure you clean residue off at the end of each run especially sugar residue.

1 Like

I was thinking the feed temp was too high as lately i have been using the vta SOP so the feed temps have been at 115 and the gears on the feed vessel tend to lock up aswell

Feed locking is most likely particulate. I regularly ran my feeds at 110-120 on feinpreuf, witte and zenith feed pumps. They’re extremely sensitive to solid matter.

might need a better cleaning sop. If you don’t do a solid water clean to get out sugars those things build up like crazy. dm if you’d like

1 Like