Broken Glass Stuck

Dont know where to post this but tipped bong over and it broke the downstem and bowl. Downstem piece got stuck and idfk how to get it out. Looked around here and a glassblower said soak in Coca Cola, heard using a heat gun or torch helps but yea no not using a torch on glass. Have tried everything with brute force so far.

Look at the inner circle where downstem goes. Can see the piece inside the circle. Not the piece stuck inside the bong itself.

heat the outside of the joint with a heat gun, keep the inside joint cooler. the goal is to make the outside joint expand enough to break the interference fit.

2 Likes

I will try it. I have a hair dryer that’s equivalent to a heat gun if that works

I’ve used it to heat disty and works like a charm just bad at evenly heating

1 Like

worth a shot! ive used hot water on broken bong downstems before in a pinch, hotter you can get it tho the better,

2 Likes

Thank you. I will try the heat gun right now and hopefully can get it unstuck. Cause my issue on it is I gotta pull up on the stuck piece to get it out

1 Like

id pull it from the bottom inside if possible, like with some sort of hook, if you have an oring pick or similar thats your best bet

4 Likes

I used a paper clip. I can scavenge around for something that can work. You think if I heat and pull up it’ll slide out?

1 Like

yeah potentially, just expand the outside of the joint, and somehow hook a bottom lip of the inside joint and pull, should come right out.

really going to depend on how much you can expand the outer joint

2 Likes

If push comes to shove, you can use a small screwdriver with a hammer, and do your best to chip the stuck portion until you are able to break it out of the joint. This method obviously requires a lot of care to ensure that you break the right parts etc.

4 Likes

Sheesh. Someone should invent a little hooker that can expand in small spaces to get stuff out like this. Like a rubber ball that expands to any diameter you want.

I will try this right now

3 Likes

I tried that. No avail.

Didn’t use heavy stuff like that tho. Used a nail clipper file end

1 Like

Yeah, you’re going to have to put some dick into it!
But softly! I would start by trying to chip the bottom inside lip of the broken part. It probably extends past the joint leaving a piece of itself just exposed to open air. If that is the case, it should be pretty easy to chip it there, plus the joint is stronger in that area because it’s where it meets the bong. (This is all speculative, and memory from things that I have done is similar situations in the past.)

1 Like

Thank you.

Im heating rn. Looking for a rubber thing that can expand or something that can grip it and pull up

Anyone here an inventor lol. If I successfully get this out im gonna try to design something that can expand and grip things like this. Change the glass community so more glass doesn’t get wasted cause of this

Wait. You think i can thread a string/REALLY strong wire of some kind? And pull up with that

got a wire coat hanger?

3 Likes

Oooo sadly no.

The ONE TIME

Get an old fork, and bend one tine one way and the other tine the other way. You’ll have to fit it in at an angle, but should work

find a sturdy piece of pliable metal and bend it like this, idk you might have to get creative

Screenshot 2021-06-13 091751

1 Like

fork would probably work!

1 Like

BAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAB SUCCESSSS HAHAHA!!!
I did it

I’ll post pic

2 Likes

woot! good shit

1 Like