Brine wash and sep filter to D8

What do you mean by turning your D9 to other things? Also what would you do to change ph of the water? I only have a sep filter, T5 and a gallon of heptane. Is this doable? I’ll do the washes if it gets me to that picture, like you said its to say I can. Aslo if I put T5 in my boiling flask with cbd it should convert the thc in it to D8 correct?

Lets say u have 99% d9 thc (probably not going to but its hypothetical) and u put 10% t5 in the flask and ran it. You wont get 99% d8 thc. You are probably gonna be around 65-75% d8 and maybe 10% d10 and 5-10% unknown. Same goes for cbd to d8, unless u get all the water and oxygen out, u might get the cbd to turn into other things besides d8, but yes putting t5 into ur flask with cbd will make it turn into mostly d8.
@BrownGuy420 yes its doable, but ur gonna need alot of water. Ph changes are made with citric acid and baking soda. Keep washing at each stage until u dont see a change in the water

2 Likes

Okay so back to washing, if I wash with all the ph levels I would then wash with straight water or there will be residual salts? And should I be using natural ingredients like lemon to adjust ph?

1 Like

Idk about lemon but citric acid and baking soda are simple, pure and easy.
Yes since the salt is disolved in the water and there are microscopic water droplets mixed in the heptane even if u waited hours. Those droplets will have salt dissolved in them, by rinsing with plain water ur trying to atleast replace those mini droplets with plain water, then when u molsieve it should catch all the water. The reason u rinse last with ph 7 is because u dont want ur extract to be too acidic or alkaline going into the flask. Acidic makes pink oil and alkaline makes purple oil and is magnifyed when esposed to air.
When raising ur ph, dont go above 13 or else u might start pulling cannabinoids into ur water

3 Likes

This is all done with my oil in a heptane mixture correct? Then the molsieve is to pull the last of the water out. Is this necessary? Also using the whole stainless steel tube and all?

1 Like

Can all done in Büchner funnel and seperatiry funnel

Do I need molecular sieve balls for the end still?
If so what size beads?

Not really necessary but if you wan t perfection like @Thetetraguy
Yes yust make sure your heptane oleo is rinsed well with ph 7 water
To make sure no acid or base stays behind
We often start with the citric acid then the baking soda then the plain water rinse for acidity gives more isomerization than base
As for molsieves a4 I would recomend
You can reuse them by heating them in an oven

1 Like

Yea molsieve it! Or if ur lazy put molsieves in ur bf when distilling (no more than 10%).
10a is good for when u scrub, 3a/4a are good for recovering water

5 Likes

Looks absolutely gorgeous, like straight :fire:

This seems like alot of work when it’s alot easier to remediate a crude and chroma it and then go to d9 water clear. I sorta don’t get the whole extra steps and making d8 and clear d9 isn’t that hard now adays.

I sorta prefer washes first, then column work. Then neutral washes. Then distilling - it seems to be targeting and effective than all the extra steps.

2 Likes

I think u got it backwards… water clear d9 takes more steps than d8…
D8 is easy peasy, d9 isnt.

What extra steps? The wash?

He yust means to take your D9 distillate 2 pass and pass it with a alkane solvent treu a magsil or Florisil column
Gives waterclear D9
But those powders are pricy
But it s not hard either

2 Likes