Brief tour of my mushroom farm

Substrate prep and isothermal sterilization rig

The tiller is for mixing substrate material really fast, quick mixing is necessary to minimize moisture losses. After it’s mixed I cover it with old soil bags so there’s zero evaporation.

If you look at the picture of the stock tank filled with raw sawdust and supplements you can see we use feed scoops, duct registers, and a 6" diameter pipe to fill bags.

Sterilization rig is a 170 gallon stock tank with 16 gallon milk can boiler distillation kit from Mile Hi Distillers. It holds 144x 14A Unicorn bags at a time. I cover it with a tarp and moving blankets for the steam cycle.

The milk can boiler is on a timer with sump and solenoid for automatic refilling during the sterilization cycle.

Fruiting room

32 Likes

Fuck yeah. Poor liquor-less apparatus. But what a fantastic setup. Thank you for the tour!

How long are the sterilization times? Over 24 hours?

4 Likes

Yup, usually run 36-42 with this machine. Time is based on bag mass. I used 4x 110 gallon salvage drums before, with an element right in the bottom of the drum.

Dug up some old photo albums

Pholiota adiposa

Oyster

16 Likes

How much did it cost you making that set up?

1 Like

I love how your mushrooms pops out in bulk. Great job!

2 Likes

Thank you for the tour! Love it!

1 Like

8 Likes

Awesome farm! Do you usually wait on multiple flushes before tossing each bag?

ANY LIONSMANE? Please message

About to harvest about 80lbs of lions mane in the next few days down in southern Oregon if you need some.

@Indianajones420 nice grow I dig the sterilizer stock tank!

I have a similar setup currently run 3 55g sterilizer drums but sometimes hook one up with a hose to a 170g stock tank and pump steam in. It fits about the same as the 3 drums but takes much longer to heat up so I mainly use the stock tank as a pasteurizer.

Grow room is a 40ft shipping container with plastic sheeting draped over the metal racks to kind of make a greenhouse inside of the shipping container and keep humidity and heat in. There’s a evaporative cooler for the warmer months and a wood burning stove we use on the colder days. Using a 12 disk ultrasonic fogger for humidity.

Here’s some pics of my setup I took earlier this year before we added two more drums and the stock tank.

Excited for these guys just started fruiting some golden enoki blocks

17 Likes

Holy shit bro.

If your rocking this…

You ain’t showing everything…

That’s a crazy setup, I have a lot of how many questions.

That I’ll keep to myself.

100% :muscle:

14 Likes

Hey this dude is 100% solid. He helped me out like 3 years ago big time. One thing I can say when I saw this guy’s lab is, he doesn’t fuck around. He had all the proper equipment everyone hates paying for lol.

9 Likes

Thanks for the share. Impressive.

1 Like