BR Instrument D970L

anyone got one of these units in their lab yet that can verify the vessel is not a repurposed vessel from one of the many brew suppliers? By the looks of it these vessels are standard issue.

Also, I wanna see a lab test showing that THC is taken over to the water reservoir. I have yet to be provided with a test showing THC in the water reservoir (where im told the THC ends up). My gut tells me there is not a sonic generator anywhere on this unit, unless it is hidden in the jacket (doubtful) or has been masked with an RTD probe housing.

The long processing time for this operation hints to me its a well controlled time/temp degradation technique. Would be elated if I were proven wrong on all my thoughts mentioned above, but my gut has served me very well so far in this industry for the past decade+.

2 Likes

I have seen it in action and the THC does separate from the CBD although some CBD makes it into the THC layer about a 15% loss factor of CBD. It is NOT destructive and it’s not conversion it’s separation. How they are doing it with such a small skid I have no idea it doesn’t look like it should work but it does. Although I’m pretty sure that there is heat involved unlike BR said. But it is definitely a separation and layering of sorts.

2 Likes

Yeah there is heat. Sorry if I said there wasnt any.

It is just a polyscience circulating bath for heat and control.

thats pretty darn interesting if indeed it is creating a phase change of low VP cannabinoids from bulk oily crude at such modest vac depth. Must be doing something to manipulate equilibrium conditions. Wild.

There is recirculation going on correct? Between the drum and the vessel. It’s not just a one way distillation right? If I remember correctly, you have the vapor coming off and then condensing into the water tank. Is there flow back into the unit?