Bout to try w-1 to replace t-5, silica

, ,

I think w2 is best for retaining terps

3 Likes

well fuck me then

19 Likes

:joy: W1 works just as good with better color remediation

9 Likes

for terp retention and light yellow golden color what do u suggest per lb of material of 3" rig.

Also how long and what temp to cook the powder prior to running

so I do I need a celite bed or de bed now?

I have2- 3" plates loaded w papers prior to my 3" 1um welded disk

im going for the live resin look. keep them terps and maybe a lil colorā€¦

suggestions o great one,l

im gearing up to run nowā€¦taking my 2" plate on bottom bottle neck out and now a 1un welded disk will be after my 3" platesā€¦hoping to get flow

1 Like

what would u suggest per lb running 3" rig?

light yellow ,ā€¦not gonna hold u to it just get me somewhere to start

100g to lb material? and do I even need de or celite bed if I have filter that step all way down to 1um welded disk?

.Iā€™m trying to read upā€¦Iā€™m gonna postpone this till tomorrow as my powders arent outta the oven yet

1 Like

100g/lb. No celite bed underneath, but it makes a good prefilter. No baking necessary unless you live in a very wet area or left it open way too long. I like a good 8-10" of media depth regardless of diameter, but your setup might not permit such a thing.

2 Likes

I just dont wanna strip all the cilorā€¦ I wanna retain as much terps as possible and still have that live resin look

I would start by assessing your material. Say its A grade i would use 75g per lb to get a pale yellow. Grade B 100, Grade C 150g per lb. Youve been around since the beginning @StoneD so im sure you know the rest about how to optimize the crc process. I would still suggest using a DE bed as its more efficient at stopping the finer particles from the clay than paper filters.
Also flow has a lot to do with wether you winterize or run cold and how you go into the crc after that but mainly the material itself. If its fatty you will need a fats catcher or something to increase surface area to help mitigate the fats to prevent blinding or it will happen. A 6in crc will do better with fatty material but will require throttling the flow to strip color and a few other finnesin tricks of the process to get it right. A 3in crc imo will do best but also requires a few steps prior to get it right. Also dont bake unless your running live or something that will also bring its own moisture adding to what the clays already carry.

9 Likes

yeah man sorry for all the spoon feed questionsā€¦

I postponed running tonight after asking all those questions and started a reread of everything.
bc like u said I know the answers already just second guess myself when dealing w new thingsā€¦
thanks bro

was trying to rush a run but Iā€™m glad I waited bc that was good read ,again lol

3 Likes

My first w1 run i had some poopy trim. 100g/# gave me a nice amber color im gna try 150g/# next time. I would call the trim ā€œDā€ grade, definitly destined to the SPD

3 Likes

Media Bros! CRX for terps & crystallization, and CRY for cutting as much color out as possible! toooootally not biased :wink: j/k, lots of folks here like W1. Happy to send you a sample of ours to try though. Dm me an address and Iā€™ll hook you up.

6 Likes

done Iā€™ll do some side by side testing I csnt wait

1 Like

Check out the Fickle Pickle on a Free Media Sample thread - he did a ton of work to dial in the ratios and process. Good resources from that guy. :slight_smile:

The big difference really with our media is our throughput is super fast. So you gotta throttle your flow to allow for residence time in the media. Most folks run at 80psi and blast right through.

3 Likes

try 50g as long as you baked it first that gives me a nice light yellow on fresh material

no celite necessary if anything it slows down the flow

2 Likes

So you can literally just throw the W1 in the material column with the flower?

So instead of using Silica, T5, T41, in a CRC column ā€“ you can just throw W1 in the material/input column itself? Why not just replace the various media with W1?

2 Likes

thatā€™s exactly the point of W1 by Chemtek and our Media CRX. Instead of mixing use a single media. In our case, we have two, CRX and CRY and you donā€™t need to bake it or prep it. Just pour it into the column and youā€™re done. Happy to send anyone a sample, just DM me.

2 Likes

Cost is another side of that equation. Most people can color remediate for literally pennies per lb by mixing their own powders and can control the amount of remediation needed optimizing the ratios for the best color and terps not just which one powder does the best for a certain aspect.

8 Likes

I luckily have a sample from your team and am waiting to finally use it!

What Iā€™m slightly confused about is, would I pour your CRX into the CRC column I have been using for the other medias or would I throw the CRX powder in the material column, (with the flower)?

Can your CRX media be used multiple times?

1 Like

I would say our Ultra Clear would be something more similar to compare to the CRX because of price point and both being granular adsorbents. They both require throttling due to less flow restriction. However, The CRX is a zeolite mineral which is made of alumina and silica while the Ultra Clear is made of attapulgite clay. Im sure the difference will be more in yield loss and terpene profile rather than color remediation.

Before and after use of the media

11 Likes