Ladies and gentlemen,

I introduce to you the largest smoke blower of all time,
S P D KING!!!

@spdking stand up and take a bow!

10 Likes

Lmao bro don’t get him started again

8 Likes

14 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Called it

@spdking is the joe exotic of the weed world.

21 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::laughing::+1:

4 Likes

Do you notice difference in stability between the runs?

1 Like

Anyone use this shit on ethanol derived extracts? Any issues with distillation on material filtered with this media ?

2 Likes

Are you just mixing it into the material like you would kief? I just add a deep layer at the bottom of the column and run it thru some finer filters to make sure there isnt any media in the oil. Dis you know one of your pics is one cema’s website?

1 Like

i just put it in the bottom of my material column. yeah i know they sent me some free filter plates to use some photos

4 Likes

Is w1 b80 mixed with Celite?

It can’t be @midsfactory. Have you seen the price on it. I doubt @Waxplug1 would do the community like that. The CAS number of W1 does cross reference to a sigma clay which is very expensive. I don’t know though. Maybe waxplug can chime in more but I really don’t think he’s the person to mix 2x $1 a lb adsorbents then charge $200. He don’t seem like the type of person.

4 Likes

But then the real question is: can we get similar performance for $1 a lb if we just mix some celite and B80? Sounds like it might make a neat poor-man’s W1.

@midsfactory have you run B80/celite mix and seen better flow/good color improvement?

1 Like

@SidViscous I mixed some celite into my b80 or p6000 and it did improve flow. I don’t think it helped with color. I have never seen or used W1 so I cannot compare, but my friend @FicklePickle has and he swears it can not be b80. The only reason I thought it was b80 is because chemtek sells oil-dri too; plus @TheGratefulPhil said it was calcined silica and bentonite.

I would like to try some but I am a cheap bastard and probably won’t buy any. I’d gladly try a sample to persuade me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll send you a sample of W1 and some b80 and celite for u to do side by side comparison. B80 and celite separate so u can mix as desired

7 Likes

I fully expect you’re not pulling out chain and W1 seems like a great product. Still would be super interested to see comparative performance for us small timers

2 Likes

Celite has no color removal. Mixing it would make b80 even weaker at bleaching. Even with perform6000 alone. W1 will still bleach better.

5 Likes

The adsorbent you use should depend more on what type of material you’re running. If it’s nice use W1 alone. The more different type of adsorbents you add the more you’ll strip. If you’re goal is color or old material Use a blend. If u want a light bleach use b80. Strong bleach theres diff options like t41 mix, w1, perform6000

7 Likes

Absolutely, I guess there are three big questions in my mind:

One: if you use enough B80/celite mix, how much slower is it than W1 (this obviously ignores the cost of more CRC column volume needed)

Two: are there specific groups of compounds that W1 is more selective at removing than B80

Three: what is the loss in yield between the two options? If you lose 5% by using a shitload of B80, the W1 will certainly pay for itself.

Disclaimer: I am just a really curious person and don’t want to be on the W1 thread naysaying W1; I really just want to know for knowing’s sake

2 Likes