Boiling point of CBG

What is the boiling point of CBG
Say in short path at good vacuum
Where does CBG appear
Heads , mains, tails
I asume it s in the tails but I am not sure and would like some indication as to where to make cut s in the process
@anon93688 @Kingofthekush420 @QGA
@Future @Concentrated_humbold
@mj_martini

1 Like

Your VT will tell you a lot about your distillation.

1 Like

In my wiped films it tends to skew toward the higher temps. Meaning if I do a lower temp distillation (CBd range) I’ll pull much of the CBD and a lot less CBG and if I rerun the raffinate from that at a higher temp (10-15C higher) I’ll get a higher CBG:CBD ratio than that lower temp run. But again total separation is difficult to impossible.
If I slowed down the feed rate and pulled a better vacuum, I could probable have gotten a little better separation

I mixed CBD crude with CBG crude and distilled to see just how/if this was possible.

Short answer slightly above the boiling point of CBD

3 Likes

One of the best advantages of having in house analytics is it’s easy to discover these physical properties as though you are the first person to do so. Because with some of these cannabinoids that may not be far from the truth. I don’t know the answer to your question yet but when I can get some reliable standards that will be the first thing I do.

3 Likes

I havent tried to isolate it yet, but i do seem to get the same results as you. Once in the new facility and in house testing ill start messing with it more.

2 Likes