Blue river flan

I think heat and/or liquid terpenes are added to some blonde rosin to facilitate density separation.

3 Likes

I creeper’d their page. It’s just solventless thca and whipped with a bit of their terps that separate off. I was trying to figure out how they were getting it so “white” without pulling early as hell. Or they used their own distilled terps. But, it’s their rosin thca with terps reintroduced.

16 Likes

Thanks for the analisys, thats the “mechanical extraction” in classic form!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I totally didn’t see your first response on that

1 Like

Well then can you recommend a sop for this ? You seem to know your stuff on this one

1 Like

Me? I’m not making the same as blue river is though. I am using hydrocarbons. I do have a significant higher and broader terpene content though from their own posts

3 Likes

Ahh I see

3 Likes

they posted the process a while back, they must have removed it since. Its fairly simple, mechanical separation of THCa, separated terps are not used. Chalky white THCa is whipped with some of their strain specific steam distilled terpenes, and left in closed jar to cure for a few days.

11 Likes

Ok now let’s narrow this down a bit.

How do we reach the point of thca isolate from a mechanical process?

Rosin the rosin?
I know the jar tech, but there seems to be a faster method

2 Likes

Yes. It’s pressed a couple or more times at a much lower temperature. 130-160~ range. Obviously it’s hash rosin not flower or anything. You are slowly and low temp pushing out the moisture and leaving behind thca as a solid. If I’m correct.

8 Likes

I’ve even heard of using no-heat presses on certain material. :wink:

2 Likes

That would make sense too. If it was really “greasy” I could see smashing it at room temp

1 Like

I think the material has to be starting to nucleate before pressing.

2 Likes

I have no clue honestly, rosin isn’t my game. I do understand what they are doing to make this happen. As they are only using resin heads and just smooshing out moisture and leaving behind mostly thca.

2 Likes

Okay, so first press take kief, low or regular heat short or regular time, your going to take the best of the blonde, then you are going to goo it into a smaller micron (yellow) rosin bag, next you re press with no heat take that rosin bag remove it from the parchment, open the bag and it will have a decent amount of white substance, it’s thca do with it as you please, it doesn’t taste that great but it’s super white, I found this when I was building my press it was a youtube video on how to make thca solventless… it works, there’s no market for it here nobodies even heard of it, it’s deff not crystals…

5 Likes

Here is an example
You don’t need a low temp press, pressure control helps, heat can be adjusted
We did it by unplugging our press to control a lower temp, plugging it in briefly to smash short and quick, but we also had success just pressing rosin, or wax, or shatter it all works just do it faster and less time if you don’t have the control, thus why I built my own press, unfortunately I never got a ram and plates for it…

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhS8ApUFf7-/

I’ve been interested in this tech for a while, pretty basic actually, Steve from Powers Plates suggests melting down the solventless thca into a puddle @250-260f, then cooling and breaking into “facet” shapes. In terms of crystallization… say I would like to go for a more cannabis derived product; is there any reason I wouldn’t be able to crash mechanically separated thca or cbd in terpenes instead of a solvent? From my research it sounds like using terpenes to crash crystals results in a finished product with smaller diamonds instead of bigger blooms; my main concern is with the mechanically separated seed. Is this for another thread or does anyone have any ideas?

2 Likes

I have my own SOP for the thca mechanical separation . First off you dont have to use rosin you can use bho but regardless of processing technique you need a nucleated starting material. Sugar wax works the best in my opinion. (1.) Place material in 25 micron screen first press start at 140-160 F material and pressure dependent but start low and slow . I mean really low pressure wait for terps to flow and stop once they stop usually 1-2 min ( for each press) . (2)Then work your way up in 20-30 degree increments each press. Like 140,160,180,200,220,240 . Any variation within those temp ranges i have found to work just look at flow rate . I usually do 5 presses minimum to get a nice white rock . I like to slowly ramp pressure each press as well. I finishing my last press with the most pressure to squeeze every last bit out . Remember as tempature increases over 180 F keep press time as low as possible to avoid decarb (under 90 seconds). Average yield 25-50% thca fraction . Probably an overall loss of 10% from having stuff get stuck to the screen and not fully being able to reclaim everything . I also can confirm you can melt it down to turn it clear and melt broken pieces and powder to a solid piece . Its not facets though , it also partially decarbs it you can visually watch it bubble . But only very slighty. I just melt it in the regular oven instantly at 250 F . It will turn water clear ! Good luck keep pressing . This is my niche little product for head stash !

20 Likes

Sorry to revive a dead thread thought it might be of use to someone though ! Not to much info out there and i was suprised it really worked when i first tried

10 Likes

All info is welcome :+1:
Someone might find it helpful

2 Likes